Author Topic: Royal Mail - Increased shipping costs :(  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
Royal Mail - Increased shipping costs :(
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »
Sorry, everybody, but I've had to update the prices for my shipping costs to reflect the latest Royal Mail prices that come into force from tomorrow. :ballandchain: They've changed a few categories, stuck extra prices on, and basically changed a lot of stuff for what seems like the sake of it. In theory it's all simpler, as there's less increments int the postage, but what it means is that you've got blanket prices for stuff that beforehand you would have paid a little extra per 20g increment. EG If you ordered 160g of stuff to go to Europe before, you would have paid the 160g rate. If you ordered 180g, you got the 180g rate. Now you get up to 250g flat rate, then 500g, then 750g, then 1kg, and so on. Same for the UK, but there you're dealing with up to 1kg, up to 2kgs, and up to 5kgs as a small parcel, so not a lot of options.

I'm not sure yet how this is going to work out, but I've left the 50 free worldwide standard shipping in place for the moment, so do take advantage of it - you're looking at around 10-15% saving on shipping costs!

Offline Torg

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail - Increased shipping costs :(
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
Looks like they did what Canada Post did last year.  Not sure what Royal Mail rates are, but the Canadian rates nearly double for each step up in weight.
No need to apologise for something you have no control over.
Colin

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail - Increased shipping costs :(
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:06:30 AM »
 :jawdrop: I used to use airsure when ordering, because it was fast to canada.  Now, it's quite expensive.  That may also be becuase my shopping basket has 12 minis in it so it's fairly heavy.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to