Poll

What sort of Kickstarter?

Concentrate on Sci-fi based figures and rules
18 (23.7%)
Concentrate on Fantasy BoardGame rules and figures
53 (69.7%)
Do a mix of everything, higgledy piggledy.
5 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Kickstarter?  (Read 38022 times)

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter?
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2013, 10:19:58 PM »
I like the sound of that as well.

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2013, 11:28:25 PM »
Didn't some American company just put out a game called Storming the Castle where each player plays a different evil army all trying to storm the castle and drive out the heroes who defend it? Well I don't know about release but the Kickstarter campaign for it did quite well a few months back.
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline Big Ned

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2013, 07:10:58 AM »
I've voted for the board game.

Though I do collect some models for their appearance alone. the vast majority of models I buy are to be used in some specific game or another. Idon't know about others but I'm still  fan of self-contained game in-a-box, that can be got out, played and put away again.

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »
re: Villains as Heroes; yes, I was aiming to release an expansion pack where you raided holy temples, the palaces of Kings and Queens who aren't aligned with the darkness and suchlike. It was to be called  NetherHells: The Light Above (original title for the first one was Netherhells:The Darkness Beneath... although at the minute I'm referring to it as Netherhells: The Dark Lord's Domain)and would have the bad guys as the players' models, and the Enemy would be temple guard and things.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2013, 04:21:00 AM »
That sounds great. I want it already. A chance to be some sort of big monster like a troll or an ogre in a game could be a really cool turn of events if you were thinking that way.
"Oh no, there's a troll loose in the keep!"
And your troll would be a suitably enormous to terrorise a castle.

Offline Remerezz

• Minion
  • Aka; Darren, Daz, D
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2013, 09:17:59 PM »
 :ot:  :bigsorry:

Just got your email regarding my order - cheers Andy! I kept putting Azaroth on the order then taking him off! I will get my 100+ Imperial Guard army on ebay soon, then hes MINE!  muahahahaha

Also (I'm not sure how these things work), if you ever fancy getting that Netherlord MK1 mold back out and dusting it off I'm first in line! I don't mind paying extra for your time etc...

:floghorse:

re: Villains as Heroes; yes, I was aiming to release an expansion pack where you raided holy temples, the palaces of Kings and Queens who aren't aligned with the darkness and suchlike. It was to be called  NetherHells: The Light Above (original title for the first one was Netherhells:The Darkness Beneath... although at the minute I'm referring to it as Netherhells: The Dark Lord's Domain)and would have the bad guys as the players' models, and the Enemy would be temple guard and things.

Yeah man this sounds sweet. I've been scatching my head and putting pencil to paper for scenery/dungeon boards for this. The pitch for deathball seems to work well. I will get Carbonic to post a picture of the hex pitch I plotted...
I apologiese; Me + PC =  :doh:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »
I think there is a whole section in FAQ on the Heresy site that says about 10 times that he won't/can't make the Mk1 version any more.

Offline Remerezz

• Minion
  • Aka; Darren, Daz, D
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »
I think there is a whole section in FAQ on the Heresy site that says about 10 times that he won't/can't make the Mk1 version any more.

For the record though, what FAQ? I hate computers at the best of times, but I cannot find an FAQ on the Heresy site.

Alas, I now own a Netherlord MK2  :twisted: Its immense! It will make a very nice 'Boss' for a dungeon fight (or flight)!

Offline DarthSte

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »
That's what I thought, otherwise I'd be pestering as well...

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »
Looks like its been deleted

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »
It didn't yet get transferred over to the new site, it was a bit out of date for one thing and needed a lot of new stuff adding. Apologies.

Offline Remerezz

• Minion
  • Aka; Darren, Daz, D
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »
Ahh okay bud. Again I apologiese for mentioning the 'N' word...

Got my parcel yesterday, cheers Andy. The Spider is built (I couldn't resist)! Looking forward to getting another two of those! Manbane is getting there. I couldn't help but laugh when inspecting all the detail on these miniatures and discovering whats behind Manbanes loincloth! Your attention to detail is admirable! Also, I didnt't expect Boris to be so LARGE. I mean, I read the description, but that doesn't account for his monstrous chest and meaty legs! I'm gonna have to get another one of him at some point too, this one is going to be the base for my Dark Lord  muahahahaha

:notworthy:

I should be putting more stuff up for auction soon. After that another order is going in....

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2013, 10:22:06 PM »
Looking forward to seeing them painted!!

Offline Remerezz

• Minion
  • Aka; Darren, Daz, D
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »
You know - I would normally build then undercoat miniatures, and never actually get around to painting them! Nowadays however, I'm really starting to get into painting (a little slowly mind).

I might actually have the spider painted soon. Heres a pic of the colour I'm going for;

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=tarantula&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=607&tbm=isch&tbnid=DoKfYlfCuCJ_AM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bighairyspiders.com/cobalt.shtml&docid=mYWXQvU4_N8GIM&imgurl=http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/cobalt1.jpg&w=600&h=452&ei=7WEfUZGZFcb_4QSnlIH4BA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:62,s:0,i:343&iact=rc&dur=452&sig=117412625751892898998&page=4&tbnh=175&tbnw=228&start=45&ndsp=20&tx=72&ty=108

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2013, 06:07:07 PM »
Sounds like a nasty little thing.

Offline Steve W

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »
I had largely ignored Kickstarter until recently, but backed my first project with Mongoose's Rogue Trooper. I had no idea how much it  seems to have taken on a life of its own. There seems to be all sorts of expectations, counter expectations, decorum and heated debates on perks and stretch goals. Given that money is tight for a lot of people (myself included!) I can see why it's full on a lot of the time. I can also see why Andy wants to give it a go; a good KS campaign can bring in a lot of cash and potentially generate more interedt in existing figure ranges. As much as my interests largely lie with historicals with a bit of pulp and sci-fi I would agree with the majority consent that a focus on fantasy/horror is the way to go. The board game idea could create a broader appeal too, bringing in the minuatures crowd and the boardgaming crowd. Has there been any more thoughts on this? Cheers, Steve.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »
How are your plans for this coming along Andy?

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2013, 08:43:20 AM »
They aren't, at the moment. My life is one long waking period of trying to sort dragon parts, finish sculpts to get actual sales in (dying off more and more), trying to find a decent rental house to move into near my workshop, packing and casting for what few orders I do get, panic attacks over huge bills and now sorting out a dozen moulds for Ian in time for Salute along wiht my own prep.

So it may be a while before I can take time off and sit down to concentrate on it all properly. I may have to go with the troopers just because the board game prep is going to take so long anyway...

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2013, 09:25:13 AM »
New sculpts sound good. I'll be in for some of them whatever they are. No worries on the kickstarter though, just wondering if anything was moving along. Thanks

Offline Steve W

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help, Andy?

Offline Revtrev

• Lurker
  • Vicar and zombie author (no, seriously!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
I haven't read all the way through, so forgive me if this has already been suggested - but have you considered indiegogo - I've backed a couple of good projects on there & they seem to be better for Europe-based companies...?
On Twitter I'm @TrevorDonnelly - say hello!