Author Topic: Boudi  (Read 6628 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Boudi
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:05:59 AM »
Finally!  More minis that are more my style.  Will be watching this with great interest.

Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Boudi
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »
I'm just glad it's not another geometric blob with a brick shaped gun stuck on the side.  :lalala:
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »
She looks cool

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 07:06:09 PM »
Hardly surprising as she's inappropriately dressed for Norfolk where the wind whistles off the North Sea. Maybe that explains the 'got to pee' pose?

Offline buffalo

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:26 AM »
Nice artwork!  I can imagine the figure will be quite nice.  Plus I think I read Kev will have license to sculpt the character in various poses.  I suppose everyone knows what that means.
 :wry: :wink: :smile:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:03:21 AM »
Nice artwork!  I can imagine the figure will be quite nice.  Plus I think I read Kev will have license to sculpt the character in various poses.  I suppose everyone knows what that means.
 :wry: :wink: :smile:

Yeah, it means W00T!

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »
She's going to be a convention figure for some annual convention oop norfth. I suppose that means he'll do a slightly different one every year for as long as the convention runs. Hopefuly he'll be allowed to sell some at Hasslefree during the convention periods for those of us who are too skint to get up there to order through the post.

The convention is called Diceni (a not so cunning pun on Iceni - Bouddica was queen of the Iceni tribe). And it's being held in Northfolk. Beyond that we don't know much yet.
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »
I'm just glad it's not another geometric blob with a brick shaped gun stuck on the side.  :lalala:

OUCH!  :eh:

Not liking sci-fi is one thing but I think that may be construed as a bit of a kick in the wotsits for a quality sculptor, no matter who it may be.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 05:04:26 PM »
I did wonder if I should have gone back and clarified that post. Please note I used the word geometric as opposed to amorphous or shapeless. Kev's been doing a lot of sci fi stuff recently with an angular/geomtric feel to the shapes of armour plates. Why then did I use the word blob? Well, in the recent wave of angular armour the other features (faces etc) tend to change while the armour remains the same. It's not that I don't like it. There's just been a lot of it lately and it's nice to see a bit of variety coming back in again :).

Admittedly the gun bricks don't take my fancy but then not all the guns Kev sculpts are brick shaped   :whah?:.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:06:42 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »

OUCH!  :eh:

Not liking sci-fi is one thing but I think that may be construed as a bit of a kick in the wotsits for a quality sculptor, no matter who it may be.

Only if they have no sense of humour or paper thin skin. I'm sure Kev'll survive ;)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »
Looking at the pics that Sally put up on fb, Boudi's looking great so far.

Hope Sal doesn't mind me reposting these.

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »
Hh-hello Cheeky!  :blink:
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35:29 PM »
That has to be drafty
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 03:33:10 AM »
So when do we get to see the finished pics.  I think more importantly, is she going to be available for general sale at any point?  This is what I need to know, please?

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 08:37:15 PM »
Look what I found

Now hopefuly there'll be an opportunity for those of us not headed to Norwich to snag a copy.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »
I'm sure Sally said on Facebook that it would be sold on the website too (thankfully). Like many others, I won't be going to Norwich, but do want to get one of those.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »
Is she for sale yet?Is she for sale yet?Is she for sale yet?Is she for sale yet?Is she for sale yet?Is she for sale yet? :lmao