Author Topic: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION  (Read 260149 times)

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
Re: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
Ya gotta realise that Hasslefree is two people. They've got to run a business, take care of three (possibly four?*) kids, sculpt new figures, and judge this comp. I'm sure they want to judge this comp, from what they've said they love the level of quality the competitors have brought! I feel they may have been surprised by that and the number of entries** - both which make judging it more difficult.

*gluttons for punishment!

**They've run sculpting comps before on this site. Judgement was delayed by real life then, too. But I don't remember anything like the variety or skill or number of entries that this comp has attracted. So Good On You, Competitors!

Offline precinctomega

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 20, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
Yeah, the quality of entries was in a completely different field, this year.  I thought I was a shoo-in to place, looking at previous years, but reckon I'll be lucky to make the final cut this year.

R.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #327 on: November 20, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
Okay, i have got the initial pics of all of the entries onto the Facebook page.

I am concerned with 74 pictures about it affecting the running of the FOD.  All of the pics are variable sizes and the folder with the jpgs in runs at 43MB.  I dont have a problem popping it on one of our dedicated image servers but will need to edit them all individually to ensure that none go over 800 pixels wide or it might not load on the FOD.

Shall i get them on here or are you happy to browse Facebook?

I can see a problem with those who do not have Facebook accounts so if you are happy to bear with me a little while longer i will fit in reducing their sizes a bit to make browsing on here easier.

is that okay?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.496503997048549.113778.205953016103650&type=1
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • PaintingPossum miniature painting
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2012, 02:18:14 PM »
Having a lot of trouble with facebook (not to mention I hate it and wish it would die), but I think my entries are missing. How's the best way to get in touch about that?

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 20, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »
Having a lot of trouble with facebook (not to mention I hate it and wish it would die), but I think my entries are missing. How's the best way to get in touch about that?
send me the details of the email you used to send the pics, i will search on the pics inbox and see if i have missed downloading it.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 20, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
No facebook account for me but I could still see them, 74 in total.

About 5 I would buy straight off if cast, a couple more that are excellent and a few more that either need some better pictures or some more finishing work.

So that around 10% to 20% that look (HF standard) professional, cast able and saleable to me.

Some great concepts.

Congrats to all who entered.
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »
send me the details of the email you used to send the pics, i will search on the pics inbox and see if i have missed downloading it.

I've just replied to the email I got from you after sending them. To be safe I added the pics again.

The email I sent to was pictures at hf

Offline Grulgor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
I've also replied to the entry confirmation email with my picture again incase it got lost as mine is definitely missing from the entries on facebook *Panic face engaged!*

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »
I'm happy to view on Facebook as long as voting is as far away from that site as humanly possible.  :smile: I know I'm not in the running, but I want to see some of those cracking figures get a fair shot.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:19:42 PM by Gothy Beans »
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
a lot of them will go into production however niche they may initially seem, HF has always been about promoting new talent.  we invest quite a lot financially in sculpting competitions from the giving away of the armatures and postage costs to the prizes, the time spent editing and judging and chasing entries up through to production and master moulds and physical castings.

but i like seeing what people make!

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
Sounds fair to me.

Question: Only 3/4 of my entrys were posted. Did I do something wrong with the 4th? They were all sent in the same email.

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »
Sounds fair to me.

Question: Only 3/4 of my entrys were posted. Did I do something wrong with the 4th? They were all sent in the same email.

Weren't we allowed just one entry per person per category? I think that'd be why

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »
Sounds fair to me.

Weren't we allowed just one entry per person per category? I think that'd be why

Naw, I swear it said in the email that you can enter as many times as you want. It might have been because I mixed a tiny amount of fimo into my GS mix.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2012, 06:09:40 PM »
no, it probably just got lost in the huge amount of image work i did today, i shall go look for it.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
Okees, just uploaded 6 missing pics ... phew!

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »
Thanks for getting on the missing ones so fast Sally, mine are there now :D

Do you suppose these will be in store by christmas, perchance? It would be the perfect excuse to spend lots of money   :lalala:

Offline voltan

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.voltansshed.com
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2012, 06:31:56 PM »
My entries missing.....

But that's coz I haven't finished it yet  :angel:
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Proffessor, Lava, Hot!

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »
You may have skipped a little beyond 'cutting it fine' =/

Offline Grulgor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
Weee and mines appeared, thanks for putting my mind at ease! That's certainly a whole hell of a lot of entries  :whaaa:

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
Do you suppose these will be in store by christmas, perchance? It would be the perfect excuse to spend lots of money   :lalala:

74 miniatures, sent in, adjusted for casting, sent for casting, being cast, sent back, bagged up and then put in the shop before Christmas... which is just over a month away?

I know Hasslefree are pretty cool but I doubt that even they have a miracle machine ;)!

I wonder how many spin-cast moulds it would take to cast them all? 7? That's a big investment and will take time to sort out.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »
no, it probably just got lost in the huge amount of image work i did today, i shall go look for it.

Horray!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2012, 07:03:29 PM »
I'll have to wait until I get home from work to see if mine is there. Work doesn't allow facebook. Which is a bit annoying as I can only view things on my iPod at home since the home computer crapped out.

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
mine are all there,  but to be honest the good uns knock my "happy putty pushing"  into a cocked hat.
some of them are very very good, and i take my hat off to the folks that did them.
a happy dauber

Offline No Head Ned

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
Okay, i have got the initial pics of all of the entries onto the Facebook page.

I am concerned with 74 pictures about it affecting the running of the FOD.  All of the pics are variable sizes and the folder with the jpgs in runs at 43MB.  I dont have a problem popping it on one of our dedicated image servers but will need to edit them all individually to ensure that none go over 800 pixels wide or it might not load on the FOD.

Shall i get them on here or are you happy to browse Facebook?

I can see a problem with those who do not have Facebook accounts so if you are happy to bear with me a little while longer i will fit in reducing their sizes a bit to make browsing on here easier.

is that okay?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.496503997048549.113778.205953016103650&type=1

I'm not logged on to facebook (don't have an account, don't want one, don't get me started) when I click on the link all I can see is the first 28 images. The only way I can see them all is if I click on the first image for the larger view, then click on "next" and go through them one by one.

Offline The Keyman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2012, 10:38:58 PM »
Just a question :

In the rules, was it wrote something about the picture's size? I think yes, but when I compare my picture with some other, mine seems very little (and above all with less visible details) :blink:

Maybe I didn't understand rules (d'ont forget I'm french ;))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:40:14 PM by The Keyman »