Author Topic: June updates and stuff  (Read 14875 times)

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
June updates and stuff
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
A resin master of the body blank for Salomé:

She needs jewelry, new boobs and hair and stuff.

Aaron, updated with an extra head:

Taxxis has a new weapon option:

There are also more pics of Salomé in the FB album along with images of the clear resin Isseki: HERE!
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: June updates and stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
now thats nice....
i just hope that salome gets a very impressive........  head of hair. something that gives a real feeling of movement and inertia please Kev.
a happy dauber

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:10:09 PM »
Salome is looking great, glad to see she isn't lost on a shelf.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Bergil

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
She needs jewelry, new boobs and hair and stuff.

Well, hair, possibly.  :smile:

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »
There's some more pictures up on the facebook page. Us Fodders are missing out  :tantrum:. I only noticed because I was thinking of placing an order.
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
There's some more pictures up on the facebook page. Us Fodders are missing out  :tantrum:. I only noticed because I was thinking of placing an order.

Piddles me off when they do that.

I come here for the info. I can't stand Farcebook and avoid it like the plague unless I have to.
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »
I come here for the info. I can't stand Farcebook and avoid it like the plague unless I have to.
:metoo: I don't have a fb page.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

perceptionistruth

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »
You have to create an account here to interact, no different to Facebook in my view.

You can view the Facebook stuff Kev linked without an account.

If you do join Facebook, no one is forced to complete anything in the profile or make 200 friends, you can just sign up, 'follow' the Hasslefree page, and check it from time-to-time.  I am glad Hasslefree are on Facebook, and I'm glad they make use of the platform to spread their business model.

Facebook has millions and millions of people signed up - these forums have some value between hundreds and thousands and most (I should imagine) find the forums after finding one of the FoD companies.

I'm always amazed by the personal responses people get on here, and the dedicated of all the FoD owners, but I'm depressed when people don't realise the value of being on Facebook for a company like Hasslefree.

If I 'like' a post on this forum, only people who already know about Hasslefree notice, if I like a picture on Facebook, hundreds of people who've never heard about Hasslefree might do so, if that turns into 1 sale, it was worth it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:13:33 PM by perceptionistruth »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 05:25:11 PM »
but I'm depressed when people don't realise the value of being on Facebook for a company like Hasslefree.

I don't think anyone said anything otherwise :huh?:

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »
You have to create an account here to interact, no different to Facebook in my view.

If you do join Facebook, no one is forced to complete anything in the profile or make 200 friends, you can just sign up, 'follow' the Hasslefree page, and check it from time-to-time.  I am glad Hasslefree are on Facebook, and I'm glad they make use of the platform to spread their business model.

Facebook has millions and millions of people signed up - these forums have some value between hundreds and thousands and most (I should imagine) find the forums after finding one of the FoD companies.

I'm always amazed by the personal responses people get on here, and the dedicated of all the FoD owners, but I'm depressed when people don't realise the value of being on Facebook for a company like Hasslefree.

If I 'like' a post on this forum, only people who already know about Hasslefree notice, if I like a picture on Facebook, hundreds of people who've never heard about Hasslefree might do so, if that turns into 1 sale, it was worth it.

So what in your post makes it impossible to put the same information on both sites?
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 11:15:22 PM »
:metoo: I don't have a fb page.

:metoo:

I am glad Hasslefree are on Facebook, and I'm glad they make use of the platform to spread their business model.

While that's all well and good I am not glad that the forum's been abandoned in favour of facebook updates the rest of us can't see. Now I understand why it's easier for them to do things that way. I just don't like it. That's all.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:17:17 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

perceptionistruth

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 12:19:02 AM »
Why do you keep saying you can't see them.  You can seen them, you don't even need to log in to Facebook to do it.

http://www.facebook.com/HF.Minis.are.the.best

Just check it when you check here, no login required.

perceptionistruth

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 12:22:10 AM »

So what in your post makes it impossible to put the same information on both sites?

Where did I say it was impossible?  I was providing counterpoint to the negative response Hasslefree get for trying to expand their business to millions of users instead of simply focussing on people who already buy their stuff (which they *also* do).

I haven't noticed anything on Facebook that doesn't get posted here, but more importantly, you can all go and read the Facebook page, it doesn't require you to log in to Facebook.

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:45 AM »
I haven't noticed anything on Facebook that doesn't get posted here

That would be because the last couple of times I noticed and posted it here  :paranoid2:  :angel:. Can't say I'll be able to do that full time 'though.

perceptionistruth

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 12:36:21 AM »
I haven't noticed anything on Facebook that doesn't get posted here

That would be because the last couple of times I noticed and posted it here  :paranoid2:  :angel:. Can't say I'll be able to do that full time 'though.

Still not commenting on the accuracy of the 'rest of us can't see' statement?  Everyone who reads the FoD can, if they want, check the Facebook page.  Many of the FoD readers already check other forums and websites, I strongly doubt there's any FoD *participator* who only reads this website.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 02:07:36 AM »
I was providing counterpoint to the negative response Hasslefree get for trying to expand their business

Sorry, but I don't understand where this is coming from?  Who is giving negative responses?  It's great that HF and others are able to expand their companies through social networking like FB.  I think that Balgin is just hoping that the FOD doesn't get left behind in the wake of forward progress, as do I.  The only way I see things that have been posted on Fb is to go to the HF homepage and look at the inset window on the right side of the screen, which I've started to do daily because I've seen many updates and little blurbs that aren't making it to the FOD.  Expansion is great, but don't forget about your beginnings.  Granted there are only so many hours in a day and much fewer when you have multi children to take care of and such, and Sally is only human.  You can only do so much, and from what I have read of things behind the scenes of HF, I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for what Sally has accomplished and for what she continues to achieve on a daily basis.  I doubt I could come close.

Proposition:  Instead of arguing and worrying about getting left behind, how about those of the FODers who frequent fb and see things that aren't making it to the FOD that maybe should be, post it yourself if it doesn't make it here after say 24 hours.  Customer service goes both ways.  Sally has helped all of us out countless times, lets step up and help her as much as we can.  I'd wager she'd be grateful for it.

Back on topic.  Kev, I don't think that Salome needs a boob job, just nips and a head of hair.  I'll be watching with excited anticipation for updates of her.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:10:05 AM by leadhead »

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »
This thread goes from look at the lovely miniatures to Armageddon in a few short posts ;).

The information is out there, there are only so many minutes in a day for getting everything done and it is more important to get products in the shop than to spend hours and hours ensuring that all of the links to the web are all linked together.

As a result of facebook, Sally remembered about putting the Tattoos in the shop (due to getting her reminder there)... so it isn't all devil worship on FB ;).

If it bothers people that much, do as Leadhead says and post it here if you see it instead of bleating... because it is really just bleating ;)... and how many clicks does it take to rectify? Six? Ten at most?

I don't think HF have forgotten their roots, it is just that they have so much on their plate that they can't fit everything in... and we still get most of the news here and can easily find it by clicking the links on the HF site.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 08:06:56 AM »

Time.

As in "Half the TIME when we click to post we get a 501 error and lose our text so we give up and mean to do it later but then other things take our TIME".

FB lets us reach more people than the FoD, which makes it a priority target when we're doing the forum-promo-run-thing. That gets done first, then all the rest. Fighting each other about it will not change a thing. So chill out or shut up, all of you.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
... and Inso's already said it far more politely than I ever could.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 08:33:22 AM »
I don't mean to start it up again but maybe there could be a facebook thread saying new pics up on facebook or something. A link on the first post to the hf facebook page then people can quickly have a look. That would mean not a huge post needed from Kev or Sally and easy for people to look at the stuff without having to sign up to facebook.

Offline alchemist

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
Is it my imagination, or has the link to the FoD on the Hasslefree home page been removed?

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »
Is it my imagination, or has the link to the FoD on the Hasslefree home page been removed?

yes it is

http://hfminis.co.uk/contact

Offline alchemist

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »
But that's not the home page.

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 12:18:14 PM »

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
I think that Balgin is just hoping that the FOD doesn't get left behind in the wake of forward progress, as do I.  The only way I see things that have been posted on Fb is to go to the HF homepage and look at the inset window on the right side of the screen, which I've started to do daily because I've seen many updates and little blurbs that aren't making it to the FOD.  Expansion is great, but don't forget about your beginnings.  Granted there are only so many hours in a day and much fewer when you have multi children to take care of and such, and Sally is only human.  You can only do so much, and from what I have read of things behind the scenes of HF, I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for what Sally has accomplished and for what she continues to achieve on a daily basis.  I doubt I could come close.

Yep. Couldn't have put it better myself.