Author Topic: The Revengers  (Read 5682 times)

Offline DarthSte

• Heretic
    • View Profile
The Revengers
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »
Some not-Avengers would be welcome - I guess there may be some available elsewhere, other than Heroclix which are a bit lame.
Captain California, The Black Mamba, The Imaginative Bulk, Hephaestus - the Greek Hammer God, Machine Man, EagleEye and Mick Rage: Agent of SHEATH etc...

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
Re: The Revengers
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
Lovely idea but I would suspect they would need to be REALLY generic... Marvel are quite feisty when it comes to IP.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
I always wondered how that Spanish company got away with it. Can't remember what their name is/was... did/do a lot of trademarked superheroes but without their insignia on their chests, etc. May have turned into Knight Models?

But yes, much as I would like to, the chances of surviving the Wrath that would befall are nil. If I had the money for a license, I'd be all over that like ugly on a troll...

Offline DarthSte

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:18:59 AM »
I guess I'll just have to add them to my ever growing list of conversion projects I'll never do...  :blub:

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
To be fair to Heroclix they have really have done some very nice sculpts along with the poorer ones, it's just a case of picking and choosing. And as they're now on (for instance) their 5th (I think) Thor, there is, at least, some choice out there. They also do paint up quite well.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »
"Revengers" is also IP of Marvel Entertainment.

The last group that received this name, as far as I know, were the Avengers from the alternative universe 10011, that worship the lovecraftian pantheon:

Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Dravi

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »
The aforementioned Knight Models do some (with Thor, Hulk, Cap and one of Iron Man currently shown as discontinued!), but I think they are in their 70mm range looking at the cost. They have some very nice figures and I'd love to get some of the Star Wars stuff, but with the inevitable licence requirements they are definitely not the cheapest.
"LIAR! LIAR! LIAAAR!"
"Get back witch!"
"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »
That's ok, Marvel also has a character named Machine Man (Aaron Stack, currently appearing in the Hulk title).

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 02:40:31 AM »
Mainstream super heros are lame/overdone/boring... :whistle:  Just my opinion  I think if Andy were to do some he should make up his own.  Anti hero types usually go down well.  Maybe some people with super powers who don't care about a secret identity.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 04:59:40 AM »
I wouldn't buy them. Other people would, but I can't see it fitting with Andy's current range.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »
Yeah, there's no room for hero types here.  Only enough space for more tunnel guard and some goblins.

Oh, I guess a sci-fi trooper or two and one more trenchie
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »
The aforementioned Knight Models do some (with Thor, Hulk, Cap and one of Iron Man currently shown as discontinued!), but I think they are in their 70mm range looking at the cost. They have some very nice figures and I'd love to get some of the Star Wars stuff, but with the inevitable licence requirements they are definitely not the cheapest.

Have you seen the prices they're charging for their unpainted Star Wars models? They must be on drugs. Or pretty up themselves. or both. I find it hard to believe Knight Models ever manage to sell any of their 54mm or 70mm miniatrues at the prices they're asking.
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline DarthSte

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 09:02:32 AM »
"Revengers" is also IP of Marvel Entertainment.
I didn't know that.
That's ok, Marvel also has a character named Machine Man (Aaron Stack, currently appearing in the Hulk title).
Or that.

I was really just brainstorming.  :silly

Patrick Lefevre

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 09:25:16 AM »
"The Avenging Unit"

Captain Nation
Iron Hero
Hulking Man
Thundergod
Hawk Vision
Nightshade Widow
Nick Furious

Glad to be of assistance and I tought it was a kick-ass great movie too  :woohoo: