Author Topic: Has Royal Mail Run Aground?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Has Royal Mail Run Aground?
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:31:12 AM »
Has anyone noticed Royal Mail taking longer to achieve anything in the way of progress lately?  I ask because I have a package whose tracking number's status has not changed since April 23.

Your item, posted on 23/04/12 with reference RJhoobajoobGB has been received at our international mail centre and is being made ready for despatch overseas.

Normally such packages arrive in 3-5 business days, seven at the absolute outside, and status is usually updated within two days.  I've also been waiting for another for much longer than normal.

Any thoughts?
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Has Royal Mail Run Aground?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
That means it is sat under the drivers seat of the van delivering it and no one has noticed. Send them a reminder email.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:59:30 AM by Graeme »
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
Maybe someone was watching, status has just changed. :paranoid2:

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:29:28 PM »
Has anyone noticed Royal Mail taking longer to achieve anything in the way of progress lately?

Yes. Additionaly we have an evil postmistress who overcharges everyone. She was charging the new price for stamps 2 months before she should have done and insists on bumping parcels up a cetagory or two so she can charge more for it "because it's too heavy to send the way you want to". Yeah, right. The box was large but not heavy.

A lot of people are unhappy about her. The other staff at our local post office are friendly and don't overcharge anyone for anything at all. We wonder why she's still allowed to work there, bitter old hag that she is.

But anyway, getting back on track the postal service has been taking longer to deliver packages and parcels recently.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:30:30 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »
Well as of this morning, the item with the tracking number has arrived in Canada, and the other thing I was waiting for was delivered.