Author Topic: Salute 2012  (Read 13416 times)

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
Re: Salute 2012
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »
Not the greatest day, on a personal note, after exploding minis and wrong categories.

No that was majorly sucky on both counts!

Huh? Details?
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 05:40:49 AM »
It was horrible, the guys painting case looked like it exploded, lots of hours and ltd ed paintjobs went smash and the painting contest judges told him he would've done better in a different category after telling him to enter the category in the first place.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 07:23:57 AM »
It was heartbreaking to see so many beautifully painted, resin miniatures that had snapped off at the ankles...and chunks of scenic items rattling about in the carry case.

I was gutted for him...I cannot even begin to understand how gutted he must have felt :(
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
Not the greatest day, on a personal note, after exploding minis and wrong categories

I heard about the self detonating figs, that is a real bummer (I get annoyed enough at a small chip pin the paintwork!)

The poor advice on categories is just plain stupid... the guy should be hung drawn and quartered

Offline Iacton

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • CMON Gallery
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 02:03:47 PM »
I heard about the self detonating figs, that is a real bummer (I get annoyed enough at a small chip pin the paintwork!)

The poor advice on categories is just plain stupid... the guy should be hung drawn and quartered

Well, the box explosion was my own fault. I kept my ticket in the box, opened it in the queue, closed the clasp (it's a converted, flight cased, aluminium record box), but evidently not correctly. Lifted the box, which promptly turned upside down, landing minis first onto the floor. The resin ones exploded, the metal ones bent/chipped/broke/ended up with big flat areas, and some helpful overseas visitors trampled some parts out of existence...  :roll:

As for the competition entry, yes, I asked 3 judges' opinion and was told to put into unit, although my instincts were to go for miscellaneous. Lawrence then told me after the judging that it was fine for diorama - NEXT YEAR!! - but it wasn't a wargaming unit, so was passed over... :shrug:

In the end, it was the enjoyment of creating the piece rather than the winning that was important, and Conrad's winning models were very good, so it's all gravy.
It'll go to Euro in September instead now  :silly

I've not put final pics together yet for the piece, because I'm between houses currently, but I'll put some pics from the WIP together, as it has a couple of HF minis, some Fenris resin and a few other minis in it.  :wink:

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
Yay - euro ftw!! Sorry to hear about the minis, I thought it was Fet, but he tripped pissed the night before!

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »
Yay - euro ftw!! Sorry to hear about the minis, I thought it was Fet, but he tripped pissed the night before!

Would you like to repeat that in english? :scratchhead:
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Iacton

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • CMON Gallery
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 07:53:47 PM »
Lol. That other nice, friendly and popular event that is Euro Militaire in Folkestone every September.
As for Fet, he's one of the PB mods, a New Zealander and does a very passable Withnail when full of beer, wine and gin :)

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »
At the show:

1:We have a mystery (no purchase neccessary) promotion that i am not putting up details of as someone else will nick my idea.

what was the mystery item ?
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »
 :metoo: