Author Topic: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (2016)  (Read 48127 times)

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Dec 30, '12)
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »
I can't wait to see them mobbed up!

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Dec 30, '12)
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2013, 04:40:36 AM »
Lets see how much progress I can make before I have to go back to work on the second.

Well, with less than 12 hours before I have to be back at work and needing most of that time for sleep, the progress on this last squad stands thus:  Steel parts done, skin done, robes done, leathers done.  Seeing as how they are mostly steel, robes and skin, that puts them over half way done.  Still have to do bronze parts, bones/skulls, glass parts, javelin shafts and poles, drum and banner design.  Then bases.  More progress pics later if I can.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Jan 2, '13)
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:18 AM »
Woot new pic new year.  Started and finished the bronze bits tonite.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2013, 06:15:43 AM »
That looks really cool. What do you use for the oxidisation?

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2013, 06:23:20 AM »
It's two layers.  The first is a thin mix of yellow, green and teal wiped off if too heavy.  Followed by a thin black wash.  Same formula since the first priest I painted.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »
Got the skulls and skeleton done, and the first layer of color for the glass bits.  Hope I can finish them off tomorrow.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »
That awful moment when you think you're finished, then you realize you still have to paint the shields and javelin packs... :hmmm

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2013, 06:21:58 AM »
Well, managed to get the javelin packs mostly painted still have a couple layers to go but they are now attached to the troopers.  Shields are still bare plastic, but they aren't far away.  So darn close, still have to do the banner symbol as well.  I don't think I'll do any emblems on these guy's shields, too small.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:40:55 AM by leadhead »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Jan 7, '13)
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2013, 01:46:56 AM »
Finished pics up in the Heresy gallery soon!!!!!  :woohoo:

Up now!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:25:50 AM by leadhead »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Jan 11, '13)
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »
Next on the list for the cult is another dozen of andy's grubs then the nine giant worms from Trollforged.  I am trying to decide whether or not to make it twelve from Trollforged.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2013, 12:27:33 AM »
Did you go for the alien assimilation kickstarter?

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2013, 03:22:08 AM »
No, too broke at the time.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2013, 01:49:21 AM »
I got four grubs painted today, ready for basing with the fat leeches base coated.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:47:05 AM by leadhead »

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Jan 13, '13)
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 01:58:31 AM »
I just started painting up some of Andys worms today to use as milliasaurs for necromunda

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2013, 05:46:43 AM »
Fat leeches are done now too, ready for basing.  I need to order three more of Trollforged's worms.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 05:38:57 AM »
 :roll:  Ordered another three worms from Ed @ Trollforged.  Nine just didn't seem right when the other two bunches of worms have 12 each.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2013, 06:45:30 AM »
Wow. Looking at your signature shows you are getting really close to finishing these guys.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
Yeah I have four unpainted Heresy figs left.  I haven't changed the count yet because the other eight grubs aren't based yet.  With these last four I need to come up with a better color scheme.  I am not happy with the first four of this kind so I never posted them.  So they'll get repainted with the newly painted ones.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
Well I base coated all the eight slugs that I have left to paint/repaint.  Started highlighting, put one next to the other two types of grub and they didn't mesh at all.  So I rebase coated them all.  The ones that were already painted started out brown but came out more gray and flat.  I'm going to go back to brown, after having tried pale purpleish, which didn't fit with the other colors.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:08 AM »
Finally, it's been a long time getting here with these last eight slugs.  I started repainting the first four that I wasn't happy with first time, got all eight base coated, tried some highlighting, didn't like it at all, rebase coated, tried more highlighting, didn't like that either, too fecal looking.  So I stripped them down, reprimed tried a new color, with some highlighting, didn't like that either, so rebase coated them again yesterday.  Put on a second layer of the base today, then a bit darker glaze, then a darker wash then a reddish brown wash, then another light wash of the first glaze color, then a light highlight of the base color followed by a much lighter color for the belly/foot.  I think they look far better than first go, so long ago.  Now I need to get pics for here, then do the bases and get finished pics up in the gallery.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »
What a mission!

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2013, 06:01:58 AM »
New pics comming up in a second!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2013, 06:03:27 AM »
Its been a second. I see no pics. I've probably stuffed up your posting now.  muahahahaha

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2013, 06:07:10 AM »
So these are the last of the Heresy figures I have for the cult.  I took these with my phone so they suck a bit.  I'll dig out the real camera for the finished shots.  The pics were taken right before I painted the mouths and teeth.  I'm happy with the way they came out, like the other two types, I wanted them to look like they could actually exsist in the real world.

There was something else I wanted to say at this point but it escapes me so on with the show.

Its been a second. I see no pics. I've probably stuffed up your posting now.  muahahahaha
  Yes you did I was trying to preview when you posted this.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Jan 31, '13)
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2013, 06:08:14 AM »
Wow, a year and three days since I started this thread.  It feels longer...