Author Topic: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (2016)  (Read 44942 times)

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Jan 31, '13)
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2013, 06:13:16 AM »
Cool. Nce dirty look to them. You still have the mouths to do?
 Must be time for a group shot as well  :D nice stuff

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2013, 06:14:25 AM »
I think once these are based I might do a shot with all 24 of these things.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2013, 03:29:47 AM »
Working on bases right now.  Getting there slowly.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2013, 12:54:49 AM »
Here's the first shot of the first type of giant worms from Trollforged.  These are going to be the same color scheme as the little grubs with red heads.  I decided quite a while ago that the giant worms should be the same species as the smaller ones, just farther along in development.  I'd first gotten the idea before I'd even gotten the first two squads of guardsmen painted back when I only had one of each type.  I'm also thinking that the flail guys will be the prodders for these giant worms.

Enough jibba jabba, the one on the left has base coat and first coat of first highlight.  The right one has base coat and first coat of first highlight on his back only.  It took a really long time as there are tons of little folds and creases in the skin that I wanted to stand out against the highlights.  Sorry jibba jabba'd again.

Will do photos with real camera next time.  They look too brown here.

I was reading through this whole thread and found typos in this post.  So I fixed it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:52:04 AM by leadhead »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Feb 3, '13)
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2013, 05:44:02 AM »
Got the first group of giant worms' skin finished finally.  Also got the first coat of paint on the jaws.  Haven't had much time to paint lately.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Feb 3, '13)
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2013, 06:00:39 AM »
Little update, no pics yet.  I'll try and get some taken in the next couple of days.  The worms that I posted pics of already are now done, I think.  The greenish giant maggots have now got the completed base coat on them.  The other type has the base coat which took two layers like the other ones, and then two separate color glazes

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Feb 13, '13)
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »
Got the other three worms in the mail today so I need to get them cleaned up and brought up to speed asap.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2013, 06:03:28 AM »
Got them cleaned up, head glued on and put on bases.  Still need to fill the gaps at the neck but need to wait for the glue to cure.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2013, 06:14:17 AM »
They look really cool so far. Like they belong somewhere arid at the moment.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2013, 06:33:00 AM »
Finally some more wips of the demon worms.  The newest three were freshly primered for the photo.  I've only started the mouth parts on the green and brown ones.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Feb 23, '13)
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »
They look very cool. I don't know which is my favourite. The purple teeth are great

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2013, 02:33:43 AM »
I've been painting for what must be six hours so far today.  All of each type of worm are now at the same stage.  The browns are ready for basing the others need eyes and basing.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2013, 04:38:05 AM »
Currently working on bases.  Kept the purple visible on the green worms.  Pics maybe tomorrow.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2013, 06:36:14 AM »
Finished pics up in the Non FoD category.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2013, 03:26:40 AM »
Been working on the next squad of cultists.  So far, the steel parts are finished, and I have moved on to the brass stuff.  Brass base color is done.

Got the metalic coat on now.

I had hoped to have the cult finished by my birthday, I don't think I'm on track for that anymore.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:28:59 AM by leadhead »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2013, 04:02:16 AM »
Been a bit since last post.  Haven't taken any pictures, but brass stuff is done (lots more than any other cultists).  Skin base is done and first highlight on most of them is done too.  Skin tone is blurdy murder because of the tiny details that are done in brass.  Who can figure out what this squad is?!  It's on the forum somewhere.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Mar 11, '13)
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »
Done!  WIPs never happened.  Pics up in the gallery after work today.  One squad left to go!

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Mar 11, '13)
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2013, 10:22:50 PM »
This post marks the end of any updates to this thread until Andy releases more for the tunnel guard range, or I find something else to add to the cult.  The final squad I was going to do has been scrapped.  The closer I got to the end with this last group, the more I realized, they just didn't quite fit.  I was going to make a squad out of the daemonettes that I'd gotten ready and given arms from the plastic daemonettes box, but parts of the sculpts don't work with the maggot theme.  Mainly the feet and horns on their foreheads.  The daemonettes,  however will not be forgotten and I will be painting them the way I was going to, just with a different loin cloth color and at a bit later date.

Thank you all very much for your support and enthusiasm for my project.  It really took on a life of it's own, and I felt compelled to see it done.  I would get antsy if I had a day off and didn't put down any paint.  It still took more than a year and a half to finish.  The start of it was the Tunnel Dweller, with the first post of my progress on Oct 3 2011.  I'm holding Ink the Troll responsible, for selling him to me, which sparked this madness.  Thank you, Ink.

Now its on to other projects, which have piled up, as they're wont to do.  Thanks again to all for your support.  Watch for complete force photos in the near future.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (Mar 17, '13)
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:02 AM »
Wow!! Great work. Please please please can I have a group should of the 108 miniatures you have in the cult!!!!
Top job finishing it as well.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:58 AM »
Very soon

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2013, 04:48:45 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2013, 04:40:06 AM »
Bit of threadomancy here but:

Thread Reopened!!!

A new squad has been ordered. muahahahaha

Offline BecauseWeIsMonsters

• Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Inevitable Decay WIP Thread (keep watching this space for updates)
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2013, 03:24:59 AM »
Good stuff. I look forward to seeing the latest expansion.  :yup:
In 2014
Miniatures completed: 18
Miniatures accidentally destroyed: 8
Miniatures needlessly rebased: 6

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2013, 04:14:19 AM »
That's lucky, my popcorn is getting low waiting for that group shot. ;)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2013, 05:12:33 AM »
Group shot was done, honest.  Didn't you see?  You posted in that thread. :tantrum: :lmao