Author Topic: Facebook Quotes poached. Probably not for under 18's!  (Read 4153 times)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
Facebook Quotes poached. Probably not for under 18's!
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
There are quite a lot of good quotes on Facebook right now so here is where we post our favourites.  Remember basic rules as not posting anything likely to cause offence so nothing overtly political and certainly nothing racist.

My favourites right now are:

"There are two ways to be fooled.  One is to believe what isnt true and the other is to refuse to accept what is true"

and

"Dont like me?  Have a seat with the rest of the bitches waiting for me to give a f***"

and

"Christmas??? F*** off its still November"
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Brummie

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook Quotes poached. Probably not for under 18's!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 01:25:20 PM »
LOL very good are these off status Shuffle?

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
At the moment, my favourite quotes are the 're-post this OR' ones.

A lot of the time people don't read them properly and re-post them without actually understanding the implications.

I have had an interesting conversation with someone who posted (cutting it down a lot):

'I am fed up with all the rudeness in the world and if you are too, then repost...if you don't then you are obviously one of the rude people'

The irony of the post was completely lost on them...so when I mentioned that I wasn't a sheep and that by not reposting they were calling me rude, they sort of lost the plot.  I just thought that they hadn't 'got it'. 

I call it 're-post bating' :).
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »
An old Cherokee told his grandson,
 "My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, & ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, & truth."
The boy thought about it & asked, "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

~ Unknown
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline DanG

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • LJ weblog
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:47:53 PM »
"Christmas??? F*** off its still November"

Forget facebook.  I used that one in my team meeting at work this morning
DanG™  :transform:

"If your Martial Arts prowess fails to resolve a situation play dead. When playing dead doesn't work, play zombie."

Offline fog99uk

• There's a 4 foot hight restriction don't ya know?
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »
An old Cherokee told his grandson,
 "My son, there's a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, & ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, & truth."
The boy thought about it & asked, "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

~ Unknown

Brilliant.

Offline Dagenhameast

• Chosen Heretic
  • Two stops on from Barking
    • View Profile
    • Bloggy
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
Q. How do you remove friends?

A. Phone them at 3am and call them ****s

Offline agentmolar

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 11:31:52 AM »
Ive been on facebook too much, because I looked for the button to "Like" that last post.
I like to rock and roll all night, and part of every day.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »
Ive been on facebook too much, because I looked for the button to "Like" that last post.

:lmao:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
A Christmas Story for people having a bad day:
When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure. Then Mrs Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.
Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.
 Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drank all the cider and hidden the liquor.
In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.
Just then the doorbell rang, and irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.
The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'
And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
 :lmao:
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 09:57:31 AM »
I know its not a quote but everytime i see this i think of Kev.....