Author Topic: Use it or lose it. Heresy's future...  (Read 53427 times)

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
Re: Use it or lose it. Heresy's future...
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
I really don´t understand why every mildly (or greatly) talented sculptor has to open his own webshop.

Well, the rewards are potentially greater than working for hire, or for another company. Potentially, I stress. But I too wish they wouldn't ALL do it. There are a lot of sculptors I'd have liked to commission who then start their own ranges and thus have no time to do work for hire any more.

Offline tumblebomb

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »
I can't remember the old shop so well  but to be a little more specific which may clarify what I mean in previous.
Also this is purely subjective, well I've done a little basic web design before,  other people may tell you different things.   

The graphics and little slideshow is great, colour scheme looks about right(nice red and black). photos are spot on. having the background in white doesn't seem to sit right, it makes all the elements jump out. may a gradient from dark grey to black would work or a dark red?     

The text font (for body text etc..) is probably what makes it feel a little old, I don't know what if any program you use for the design, most have an option to anti-alias text which make it nice and smooth. It seems a little hard to read.

The colour changes from red to blue (or yellow to blue)on the links should be rethought to make consistent.

On the top menu list  (a good design aspect btw)  its got little white gaps which are off putting. make them black or if you want a divider then a shorter line in different colour may work.

Hope that is of any use. 
When the stars were right, They could plunge from world to world through the sky; but when the stars were wrong, They could not live. But although They no longer lived, They would never really die.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »
All good to know. I'm slowly adding/changing the cart as I'm NOT  a web designer and all I'm about capable of is adding stuff that opther people have already created, such as the slideshow and the drop-down menu. I can change colours etc no problem (once I find the right code) but at th emoemtn it's a fairly basic Zen Cart layout.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »
I for one, quite like the new store system.  I find it easy to use and find what I want.  I think that the design as a whole currently suits Heresy's 'feel'.  I also sincerely hope that everything works itself out financially as I would be very upset to loose my new addiction, Dark Brethren.  My only grievance is my personal financial situation is somewhat similar (to Heresy's) I think, so I will have to wait some time for my next fix.   I guess that gives me time to wade through the huge pile.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
Stuck an order in earlier today.

Have to apologise though, I ended up having to use Pay-Pal. Left my card at home and didn't realise until I was at the checkout.
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Catinator

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
Placed an order - might help a bit.

Like the new store, and its a great addition to have the Spyglass miniatures available there as well.

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline constantine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
just ordered myself some of those lovely sci fi troopers ! been after those for a while and finally bit the bullet (or should that be las-round ?)

Offline jp

• Minion
  • Wait a mo...this is'nt motorhead!
    • View Profile
    • Jp sees lead people (and then tries to paint them)
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2011, 11:53:45 AM »
order on the way, again!

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »

LINKY

Right. This is important. I need to find £900 by Thursday to pay the mortgage, and a further £900 by the end of the following week for the various loans and things. So I've added a pre-order for the latest trooper packs I've been working on frantically for the last few days. You may have seen me mention it on Facebook. Things are desperate. March has been utter bumfudge in terms of sales, worst month I've seen for years, about half of last year's march. Couldn't come at a worse time, and now I have £29 in my accounts if you add them together.

So don't say "I'll put them on the list' Don't say that. It's irksome at the best of times to the independent miniatures supplier, and in the dire financial situation I'm in it would make me physically angry. If you have been putting off buying some troopers, or quite fancy a pack on the off chance, Go to the shop, right now, and buy them. Right now. I've even added a special 10-man offer.

The new troopers will be available at Salute. If you want to pick up your order at Salute, place it on the site now, as normal, and let us know you want to pick it up and I'll refund the shipping cost.

ALSO NOTE: These figures will be the first ones cast in a lead-containing alloy. Up until now, Heresy has always been lead-free, but time has come to change that. There's not much lead in the new pewter, just a little bit, but it makes for much better quality castings. It is also heavier by about 20% though, so it's a trade-off!

LINKY

Offline Klingsor

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2012, 07:43:16 PM »
Order (for Salute) placed so that is a wee bit towards your total.

Does the lead make the alloy softer? We have been messing with some ancient GW figures and their old lead rich metal is very soft and easy to work compared with modern alloys. The ones I noticed this most with recently were some Celtos figures from Brigade which seemed unusually hard but that might of course have been just in contrast with the GW ancients.

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »
Just put an order in Andy.

Cocked up again and forgot to change payment method from Paypal.
( And I'm always too paranoid to cancel and do it again in case it goes nipples up. )

I'll stick something extra in my next order to make up for it.

Hopefully it'll help a little towards your next bill.
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2012, 08:15:24 AM »
Thanks, Tasker; the majority of my orders are Paypal, it's no worries, although I'm sure they're charging me the wrong fees...!