Author Topic: Thinking of Emigrating  (Read 46386 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of Emigrating
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
I still find this thread depressing. I'd beg you to stay but I doubt it'd have much effect :(.

While I'd much prefer Kev, Sally and family to stay here, I figure they are the only people who know what's best for them. I'm sure any decision will be thought through and, basically, it's none of my business.   :(
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline DrunkZombie

• Worthless Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:29 PM »
If the US is your choice I have to warn you to think twice about Florida.  My mother lives there currently.  Houses are indeed cheap, mostly because 25% of the forclosed homes in the US are there.  However insurance rates are extremely high and as others mentioned, their economy is much worse then the average in the US.

I think Colorado or Chicago would be a better choice.   Being from the state of Minnesota in the Midwest, I can biasly recommended the city of Chicago in Illinois.  It is a very cosmopolitan city but has midwestern culture and values.   However Colorado is a nice state as well.   A lot of natural beauty.  I think you would enjoy living either place.  The lack of universal health care in the US does suck, but hopefully that is something that will change someday.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:46:05 PM by DrunkZombie »

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »
I would love Chicago, but i need to be further south for the heat.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
I've only been to one city in the US, unles you count stopover time at O'Hare...but you could do worse than consider Indianapolis.

HUGEST game fair there is lives there.  There's an active gamer community there. It seems like a nice city to live in. I know of at least one other independent minis company based in the area (Impact!).

Not sure about the winter climate, but it has been pretty damn hot the times I've been there.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline igirisujin

• Worthless Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2012, 02:17:10 PM »
If you want to get away from English speaking countries, I would recommend moving to Japan.  I  have been here for about ten years and can not see me moving back to Britain. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:17:54 PM by igirisujin »