Author Topic: Ask Sally  (Read 59080 times)

Offline Chris_M

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Sally
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/mtype2/whatever/archives/texan_bars/

Ooh nasty memories, when a kiddie selection boxes at Christmas were tghe normal order of the day form aunts and uncles, family friends etc and you can quarantee the last ever to be eaten 9or not) were Texan bars, spangles, curly wurlies and the worst of the lot Caramac bars :(
I used to love Caramac bars.

Mars bars though - far too sickly sweet.

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
hmmmmmmmmmm curly wurlies *drool*

Offline AKULA

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:53 AM »
Its my birthday Monday, and Jo has asked me what I want - don't have the foggiest idea, as have been busy with work.

Can't think of any gadgets, don't need any games, and hopefully should have a number of lead parcels on their way, so what should I say?

:scratchhead:

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »
your fav meal, and fave tipple, and a night of hedonistic luxury?
a vist to your fave museum, and a bit of spending money for anything that catches you eye,
got any albums that you fancy, or the boxed sets that are a bit more?
a happy dauber

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »
your fav meal, and fave tipple, and a night of hedonistic luxury?
a vist to your fave museum, and a bit of spending money for anything that catches you eye,
got any albums that you fancy, or the boxed sets that are a bit more?

my fav meal is japanese.

fav tipple is vodka

hedonistic luxury?.....4 kids, u r having a laugh!

spending money......oooh tools.  always tools.   let me loose in a jewellers merchants

albums..........nothing springs to mind

or did you want Akula to answer that?

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
What ever happened to those pots you made and were looking to get cast up.
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
they were suggetions for Akula, but are just as good for anyone, thinking  birthdays
re the luxury thing Sally, if Kev looked after the littles, and allowed you to have a quiet night doing whatever without interuption, or worry, it would seem like luxurey, yes?
a happy dauber

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:19 PM »

still sitting on my desk waiting for me to fine sand them and seal them so i can send them to Ian to cast.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »
they were suggetions for Akula, but are just as good for anyone, thinking  birthdays
re the luxury thing Sally, if Kev looked after the littles, and allowed you to have a quiet night doing whatever without interuption, or worry, it would seem like luxurey, yes?

luxury would be a night off with my hubby when he isnt glued to the latest online shooter thing killing zombies with someone else looking after the kids!...lol!

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2010, 12:21:32 PM »
My luxury would be that weekend off we keep promising ourselves, on our own in an hotel, with an inlaw at home looking after the kids. Something we meant to do every three months, but kind of got forgotten about.

Want me to give the MIL a call to ask when she's available? :whistle:
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »

still sitting on my desk waiting for me to fine sand them and seal them so i can send them to Ian to cast.

O bum bother  that's that idea out the window then  :lol:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »
Want me to give the MIL a call to ask when she's available? :whistle:

"The MIL".... wonderful nickname... so ominous!
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »
Kev/Sally - this place is the nuts, amazing food, great location: http://www.drakesofbrighton.com/

and reassuringly expensive

Annie

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
Should I get my first proper haircut in 5 years, or just hack at it in the mirror like I usually do?

Will it rain tomorrow?

How many other females do you run into in your line of work?

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Should I get my first proper haircut in 5 years, or just hack at it in the mirror like I usually do?

get it cut properly, you will feel much better

Will it rain tomorrow?

hope not, i have loads of washing to do

"behind every great man is a determined strong female kicking him up the ar*e to work harder!!

actually there are a lot of females in this industry doing the background work, keeping the 'home fires' burning so the guys can do the 'important' stuff like making the toys.  I suppose i am just quite high profile.

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2010, 01:40:14 PM »

actually there are a lot of females in this industry doing the background work, keeping the 'home fires' burning so the guys can do the 'important' stuff like making the toys.  I suppose i am just quite high profile maintenance.

oops fixed that for you sally ;) :D
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Annie

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »
Do you get lots of weirdos buying the naked chicks? whats the weirdest been?

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »
the real wierdo's buy the zombies ... :whistle:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »

ahh client confidentiality and the 'dominatrix oath' means i cant discuss who buys what  (although you naughty boys know who you are and i shall deal with you later...)

i suppose the weirdest thing that i can tell you is when they buy every single naked/semi-naked chick and get them sent to a work address so their wives/girlf friends wont find out.  i asked someone once why they couldnt take them home and he said his wife would get insecure in their relationship............of a 3cm tall piece of metal??

the really, really, really real pervs buy and fixate on Grymn ... now it is their wives that need to worry

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »

ahh client confidentiality and the 'dominatrix oath' means i cant discuss who buys what  (although you naughty boys know who you are and i shall deal with you later...)

i suppose the weirdest thing that i can tell you is when they buy every single naked/semi-naked chick and get them sent to a work address so their wives/girlf friends wont find out.  i asked someone once why they couldnt take them home and he said his wife would get insecure in their relationship............of a 3cm tall piece of metal??

the really, really, really real pervs buy and fixate on Grymn ... now it is their wives that need to worry

I married a short woman... ;)

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »
actually there are a lot of females in this industry doing the background work, keeping the 'home fires' burning so the guys can do the 'important' stuff like making the toys.  I suppose i am just quite high profile.

The president of Privateer Press is also female. Seeing as they're pretty much the undisputed number 2 in the industry I'd say she was high profile.

A number of the best painters are women as well. Victoria Lamb, Jen Haley, Ali McVey, Marike Reimer...

the really, really, really real pervs buy and fixate on Grymn ... now it is their wives that need to worry.
Seeing as I'm probably part of this group I would like to point out that (1) my wife is over 6', and thus utterly un-dwarf like and (2) every bit as obsessive about the materials for the making of new necklaces or cross-stiching stuff as I am my small metal soldiers. (hey, fellas - the Women are every bit as bad as us!) and (3) I personally can't stand the nekkid minis. I can see why some of them would have their uses...but for the most part I just ignore them in favour of the mountain of cool stuff I wouldn't be embarrased to have sat on my painting tray if we had an unexpected in-laws visit.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2010, 09:10:09 PM »

The president of Privateer Press is also female. Seeing as they're pretty much the undisputed number 2 in the industry I'd say she was high profile.

i meant high profile as in i am seen out and about at shows and on the forums a lot ... i think Sherry Yeary is a bit more 'high profile' than  i am!

Offline voltan

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.voltansshed.com
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
the really, really, really real pervs buy and fixate on Grymn ...

They make me feel slightly less inadequate  8:::
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Proffessor, Lava, Hot!

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2010, 07:41:26 AM »
actually there are a lot of females in this industry doing the background work, keeping the 'home fires' burning so the guys can do the 'important' stuff like making the toys.  I suppose i am just quite high profile.

i meant high profile as in i am seen out and about at shows and on the forums a lot ... i think Sherry Yeary is a bit more 'high profile' than  i am!

She doesn't really have any customer contact though.
Looking at it that way you have a higher profile
 Most PP fans probably think Matt Wilson is the president.

I was just thinking of other women in influential positions in games companies.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:50:15 AM by Thadrin »
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2010, 01:15:46 PM »
Here's a question...

How can life both suck and blow at the same time?
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...