Author Topic: Ask Sally  (Read 59081 times)

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
Re: Ask Sally
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »
How drunk can Kate and I get the night before Salute? 

Not as drunk as last time :whip:
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 08:30:02 PM »
How drunk can Kate and I get the night before Salute? 

don't keep me awake with your drunken staggerings down the corridor like you did last year or i shall fill a vessel with cold water and drench you both!  Hangovers + the busiest show of the year dont go together!
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
yup, fair point  :oops:

Offline MartinWhitmore

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • The Art & Blog of Martin Whitmore
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
Here's a question: Does Kev ever take commission work from individuals?  I would ask about how much it would cost someone to have Kev do a 28mm scale mini, but that would just be crass.  (^_^)

Offline PhilH

• Dark Lord
  • Well hello Mr Fancy Pants!
    • View Profile
    • Philscustomsculpts
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
On that note, what ever happened to the Sculpt a Fodder comp. Is it dead and buried or still on the to do list?

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »
The latter.
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 06:57:58 AM »
Can Sally explain to me where the last 23 hours went to, who ate my bag of fresh prawns out of the fridge and is that amount of sleep bad for you ?  :shrug:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 01:15:21 PM »
Can Sally explain to me where the last 23 hours went to
nope

who ate my bag of fresh prawns out of the fridge
the prawn-munching goblin that lives under your fridge...in fact he probably doped you especially for you to sleep for 23 hours just so he could eat all of your prawns.

and is that amount of sleep bad for you ?  :shrug:
nope, but i am insanely jealous that you had the opportunity
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Here's a question: Does Kev ever take commission work from individuals?  I would ask about how much it would cost someone to have Kev do a 28mm scale mini, but that would just be crass.  (^_^)

actual cost depends on the complexity involved, whether it is single or multi-part, whether it has rivets/intricate details that would require many layers.  For example a semi-naked chick with a HF gun would cost less than a robotic zombie.  Minimum cost to start off would be 300 GBP
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:17:34 PM by libertee »

Bodhi

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »
1. *courteous bow* Sallysan what is the way to perfect enlightenment? And can Hasslefree figures help?
2. Did you get my PM concerning that translation thingy?

Twosoc

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
And did you get my pm about the thing I sent you?

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2010, 05:53:36 PM »
Has Kev ever done Historical miniatures (excluding Ghengis Khan) if so what were they?

Has Kev made a time machine yet? If so does he plan on another version of Deth and Taxis? Soon?

How do you stop your wife from hitting you when she sees you have taken your 18 month old to the barbers for his first proper number 4?

How do you keep socks on small children without being arrested?

Does Kev need a hair cut?
The short ginger man in the big chair he say "yeeeeeesssssssss"
[/size]

Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Bodhi

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »
I feel embarassed now. I do of course mean Sallysama, not sallysan or even worse sallykun... Forgive the impoliteness...

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
which type of green and blacks chocky is best presented at the HF stand as offerings?
a happy dauber

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 02:10:28 AM »
The short ginger man in the big chair he say "yeeeeeesssssssss"
:mrgreen:
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »
1. *courteous bow* Sallysan what is the way to perfect enlightenment? And can Hasslefree figures help?

The way to perfect enlightenment and harmony with everything around you is indeed through the purchase and subsequent nurturing of little metal figures, in particular HF figures as they are the highest value and quality.  you could define HF Enlightenment as a philosophical movement of the 21st century, characterized by belief in the power of human reason and by innovations in manufacturing, sculpting, and customer service doctrine.

. Did you get my PM concerning that translation thingy?

yes, sorry behind with admin.  it was perfect, thanks lots

ditto above, sorry.  will call you later as there are some things i need to ask you

Has Kev ever done Historical miniatures (excluding Ghengis Khan) if so what were they?
he made some for Xyston just as I-Kore were going under, i will let him answer what they are though as my memory is getting bad in my old age.

Has Kev made a time machine yet?
no but we are working on it.  Luke is currently learning about exploring the space/time continuum and i am sure byt the time he is 5 years old we will have the final prototype ready

If so does he plan on another version of Deth and Taxis? Soon?
he did some other versions alread

How do you stop your wife from hitting you when she sees you have taken your 18 month old to the barbers for his first proper number 4?
be grateful she didnt decide to bikini wax you whilst you were asleep

How do you keep socks on small children without being arrested?
tell them not to put them on.  and if that doesnt work take them out without socks on, as soon as their feet beging to get cold they will soon want them on.  Kieran refused to get dressed for nursery one morning so i took him in his pyjamas.

Does Kev need a hair cut?
nope, no hair to cut

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »
I feel embarassed now. I do of course mean Sallysama, not sallysan or even worse sallykun... Forgive the impoliteness...

impoliteness forgiven, now i expect you to take your punishment like a man.  Go stand outside the nearest GW shop with just your underpants on wearing a HF badge pinned to them.  I require a dated photo as proof.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
which type of green and blacks chocky is best presented at the HF stand as offerings?

the darker the better please!!

Twosoc

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 12:55:20 PM »

ditto above, sorry.  will call you later as there are some things i need to ask you

Coolio, thought that might be the case, just wanted to be sure it hadn't slipped through Royal Mail's cracks.  Eww what a thought.   :puke2:

I'll plug the phone in as it died on me in the early hours of this morning and woke me up.  :tantrum:

Whiteface

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »
Is the share of your profit that you lose when I buy from a retailer and not directly from you:

a) insignificant small
b) bearable
c) painful
d) obscene
e) astronomic
f) even higher?! (Eek, I am out of words!)

?

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 11:57:10 AM »
Is the share of your profit that you lose when I buy from a retailer and not directly from you:

a) insignificant small
b) bearable
c) painful
d) obscene
e) astronomic
f) even higher?! (Eek, I am out of words!)

?

It is just an accepted business loss.  The standard retailer discount is 40%, that means a retailer can buy in a figure that we sell RRP for 3.50 for 2.10.  They then sell it for 3.50 making 1.40 profit on it.  Of course anyone can tell you that this isnt pure profit as general business overhead running costs will swallow a proportion of that.  The 2.10 that we get for the figure has to cover casting costs, general production costs, admin, packing, bagging/basing etc.  So technically we make less potential profit on it that the retailer.

Selling to a retailer shouldnt always be seen as a negative though, its 'swings and roundabouts'.  A retailer will have a larger and more diverse customer base than ours and by getting our figures in their shop they will expose them to lots of people who maybe hadnt heard of us before therefore raising our profile.  A percentage of those customers will then seek us out to buy direct to go back to their retailer to get another HF fix and buy other stuff as well, thereby providing the retailer with an income.

Technically though we get a better cut of the profit if you buy direct from us, this then enables us to produce more figures the following month or invest in new sculptors.

Offline sagunt

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »
When you say the guns in the armoury measure 12mm or 15mm, etc, from top to bottom, is that from muzzle to butt of stock, or to the lower edge of the sprue they're cast on?  Cheers.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »
When you say the guns in the armoury measure 12mm or 15mm, etc, from top to bottom, is that from muzzle to butt of stock, or to the lower edge of the sprue they're cast on?  Cheers.

i never take into accountthe actual sprues when i measure components or figures, i take what will be the finished measurement once they have been removed from any casting tags

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »

i never take into accountthe actual sprues when i measure components or figures, i take what will be the finished measurement once they have been removed from any casting tags

when removed or removed properly? i have a habit of taking of parts that shouldn't be!!

hmm dark green and blacks...i happen to have 2 bars of the 85% stuff in my cupboard. they were going to be for a chocolate torte...

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 10:21:18 PM »
Have you thought about putting some greens and (painted?)masters in a cabinet for Salute this year and perhaps having pre-order forms so folks can get an email/invoice when they are ready?

Was also thinking about the lists you had going last year, as I remember they had a column for prices, why not have offers that increase the average sale, so if the average spend at the stand is 8, just have an offer to spend 10 to get a free accessory pack?

Also do you know of any good builders in the St Albans area?