Author Topic: Things that make you happy  (Read 404210 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Things that make you happy
« Reply #1025 on: February 19, 2013, 07:00:49 AM »
Good call.  We both have android phones, and I use apples at work.  I'm not particularly impressed by apple products, sure they have great service at first, but I was trying to figure out something on my older ipod quite a while back and they wanted me to pay a crap load of money for phone support.  Bugger that!  I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from apple.  Although they do sell a butt load of stuff every day.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 19, 2013, 07:45:43 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing how the microsoft surface goes. but I think after using an iPad I'd actually go for a samsung or something like that after using an iPad.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 19, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »
I have an Asus Transformer, which I love, but a mate's just bought a Surface. Very nice indeed, but I'm not at all sold on the keyboard which is akin to an upmarket ZX80.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1028 on: February 19, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »

I thought I'd logged on to a foreign forum for a moment there :D . I got lost on 'I-phone' :mrgreen:.

I have no idea what you are talking about but I am glad that you are happy :)
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 19, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
Gangrel, I was originally looking at an Asus transformer but, I got a chance to play with one and a samsung at the same time and the transformer pad had the speaker right where your right hand fits comfortably and the one I had in front of me was having a bad time connecting to a wifi signal that it considered 'good' strength.  Also, the asus disappeared from where I was going to get it, and I would have only been able to get one, and would have had to share.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline No Head Ned

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 19, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »

I thought I'd logged on to a foreign forum for a moment there :D . I got lost on 'I-phone' :mrgreen:.

I have no idea what you are talking about but I am glad that you are happy :)

I only caught up at "ZX80"...

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 19, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
Didn't Big Boris mention something about a "trap of unbearable cuteness" for Deathball recently?  Maybe you can help out with that. :D
True. I shall keep Inso's daughter's new kitten in mind for that one. Got a bit side-tracked researching rope bridges and roughing out lava tiles.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1032 on: February 19, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »
Didn't Big Boris mention something about a "trap of unbearable cuteness" for Deathball recently?  Maybe you can help out with that. :D
True. I shall keep Inso's daughter's new kitten in mind for that one.

If you mentally block out the words "new kitten" then it becomes a very different discussion.

8::: :swear:
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline DanG

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • LJ weblog
« Reply #1033 on: February 21, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »
Help.  The radiator is now fixed in the third bedroom.  Not only does this mean that this can now be decorated as my second daughters own room before her 1st birthday, which is good.  However now I have now lost the space required for my desk and shelffor hobby space.  Tried to go mobile with a smaller setup but cannot find anywhere with good enough light for me to work after the kids bedtime.

Can anyone suggest an alternative to make me happy again?
DanG™  :transform:

"If your Martial Arts prowess fails to resolve a situation play dead. When playing dead doesn't work, play zombie."

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 21, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »
Help.  The radiator is now fixed in the third bedroom.  Not only does this mean that this can now be decorated as my second daughters own room before her 1st birthday, which is good.  However now I have now lost the space required for my desk and shelffor hobby space.  Tried to go mobile with a smaller setup but cannot find anywhere with good enough light for me to work after the kids bedtime.

Can anyone suggest an alternative to make me happy again?
A small table- maybe one of those laptop tables that are foldable or if you have a place for one, then a wallmounted table. +
Desktop daylight lamp(s) or anglepoise lamp(s) with daylight bulbs (preferably ones that come with both a clamp & a proper foot, that way you can clamp the lamp to the table and the foot won't take up space). +
Drawer unit with wheels for paints & bits as the wheels make it relatively easy to move the thing out of the way. If you screw some wooden strips to the top (bit like a railing) you'd have some place to put minis that are half finished with out them taking up space on your painting table. The wooden strips should help to make sure the minis don't fall off when you move the container.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:12 PM »
Dunno where to put this one.

Being able to be there holding my Dads hand in his last lucid moments before he died.
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1036 on: February 22, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
Dunno where to put this one.

Being able to be there holding my Dads hand in his last lucid moments before he died.

It's one of those things that are difficult to explain. It is sad that they are passing but knowing that you have been there at the end and given them comfort is a very 'spiritual' sort of happiness. Maybe at the time you don't feel happy but later on, you get great comfort from knowing you were there and that they weren't alone.

I think you put this in the right place :)
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 22, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »
Cheers mate.

Yep I sort of thought this was the right place  :happytears:

things might feel better when we can start to organise the funeral.
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1038 on: February 22, 2013, 07:26:44 PM »
I agree. Better to be happy you made the end as simply good as it could be rather than sad at the passing.
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 23, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
 :metoo: 

still regret not being with my mum when she passed away and thats been 25 years
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 23, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
Condolences bungle, nice that you were able to be there in the end.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06:34 AM »
I'm happy because and mate oN LAF and I have nearly finished some rules for a future sports game. Looks quite good from my perspective but well see how it goes with play testers.  :D

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1042 on: February 24, 2013, 06:34:33 AM »
I'm happy because and mate oN LAF and I have nearly finished some rules for a future sports game. Looks quite good from my perspective but well see how it goes with play testers.  :D

Is that You and Scurvy then?

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 24, 2013, 07:19:36 AM »
Yep. Working on it right now actually :)
It's looking quite cool, and I'm usually quite modest.

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 24, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
Sapphire Penguin and my self have just replaced our old matress,  last night was the first night on the new one.  mmmmmmm  I normaly sleep pretty well, but last night i realy was zonked out.
a happy dauber

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 05, 2013, 03:25:03 AM »
Thank goodness the rumors I never heard, about HF being sold, aren't true.  According to Sal's post from FB, I think.

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 10, 2013, 08:14:50 AM »
My yongest brothers up for the weekend,  so it was a Chinese meal last night and the Aldersly show later
a happy dauber

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 14, 2013, 03:43:37 AM »
Couple of things tickle me today.

First, back story.  Last week, I was on my way home for lunch and I had an incedent.  I drive a small Honda scooter, the Jazz in Canada, also known as the CHF50, Metropolitan, Scoopy and Crea Scoopy.  I was nearly home, and the rear tire blew out.  Luckily I was able to get my feet out in time and get off the road.  My fiancee's aunt and uncle were walking their dog and saw/heard it happen.  So her aunt walked to meet me as I was walking home, I never noticed them until she was walking towards me.  Uncle walked home and got their van (they're also my neighbours) and we loaded the scooter into the van.  We got to my house, got the scooter out and I put it in the basement.  Then, because I was on my lunch break, they gave me their car to get back to work.  Later when I went to take the tire off, the nut that holds it on was ruined.  Then I looked at the axle shaft and it was damaged too!  Enter stress headache.  So, I ordered a new tire and tried to hope for the best.  Got the tire today, spent some time cleaning the damaged part of the axle and tried a new nut before I put the tire on.  I got it to work so I put the whole thing back together.

So, happy for: Aunt and uncle being super nice and giving me their good car to go back to work, not crashing when the tire blew out, and mostly, NOT having to tear down the transmission to fix the damaged axle.  Now I don't have to bum a ride.

PS:  I should be getting two tablet computers in the mail tomorrow. :woohoo:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 15, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »
HF's on evilbay and is auctioning a Victoria and David!  Erhmahgherd!  Could I possibly win it?!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:43:22 PM by leadhead »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 16, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »
Nope.