Author Topic: Things that make you happy  (Read 415095 times)

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
Re: Things that make you happy
« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »
I've got the rest of the week off - that makes me happy :D
Admittedly I do have to spend lots of time shopping and organising as we are nowhere near organised for our baby's arrival! (another reason to be happy) 2 and a bit weeks to go and we have yet to choose a pram... I'm still trying to deny the existence of Christmas (while still being quite excited about it...).

coneman

« Reply #326 on: December 18, 2009, 12:13:39 AM »
Not having to worry about work for 4 weeks and the generous bonus that I didnt know about.  :D

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 18, 2009, 03:55:04 AM »
6 weeks of summer holidays!

Frontman

« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2009, 01:06:17 PM »
The voices of "Celtic Woman."  Those women are awesome, and incredibly talented.

Offline sagunt

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 19, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »
Frontman: listen to Navan.  This is an old recording but if you like Celtic Women, you may also enjoy this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcwR3lXvmis

I'm happy that I have two week's holiday in the Napa Valley.  Sculpting, painting, photography, music, likely some minis, and some time with family.

greenstuff_gav

« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2009, 01:34:30 PM »
i have to admit, that crunch of walking on snow makes me happy :)

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
YES  :boing: :boing: :boing: just finished the last day of work for the year and they are paying me for having yesterday off with car trouble as well, only 1 present to get for a and then deliver and that's the build up for Christmas over with, can then relax.
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2009, 04:29:07 PM »
I'm at home, in the warm, looking out of the window is like looking at the picture on a Christmas card, we only have to pick up the Goose and a brace of pheasant from the butchers and that will be all of the shopping done ...and I'm on my second bottle of beer...I'm happy :mrgreen:.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
Just been promoted at work, not a huge leap in pay and have been doing most of the role for years but it's nice to finally have my efforts recognised.

Also Christmas time with my wife and daughters, doesn't get much better than that.
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline ballistic_bro

• Dark Lord
  • Do I need to say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2009, 08:18:03 PM »
Waking up in hospital on Christmas morning, with my wife and 9month old son (he had a rather nasty eye infection) and realising that "Santa" had crept in and left a pillow case full of toys for our son and a selection box each for mum & dad. :D

It put a little bit of magic back into christmas, especially under the totally unexpected circumstances (being in hospital for our 1st Xmas as a family). And a big cheesy grin on my face. :smile:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:31:56 PM by ballistic_bro »
There's one thing you never put in a trap, if you're smart.
If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow,
there's one thing you never ever put in a trap,
me...........

Dr Who (2010)

Frontman

« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2009, 09:23:23 PM »
Waking up in hospital on Christmas morning, with my wife and 9month old son (he had a rather nasty eye infection) and realising that "Santa" had crept in and left a pillow case full of toys for our son and a selection box each for mum & dad. :D

It put a little bit of magic back into christmas, especially under the totally unexpected circustances (being in hospital for our 1st Xmas as a family). And a big cheesy grin on my face. :smile:

Sorry to hear the issues needing a hospital stay; but you'll always remember that act of kindness given to you on Christmas morn.

Just when I'm about to give up on humanity; its stories like this that gives me hope.

So, in essence; your story is one that makes me happy!!! :D

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 29, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »

It put a little bit of magic back into christmas, especially under the totally unexpected circumstances (being in hospital for our 1st Xmas as a family). And a big cheesy grin on my face. :smile:

That exact same thing happened to me last year. My wife was staying with my son in hospital on Christmas day and she woke up to see a pillowcase with a toy in it too. Thank goodness this year we had christmas at home though, it was also our first xmas as a family.

Bodhi

« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
The eventual hope of a new girlfriend six months after my divorce. Really makes me happy regardless of how this will turn out. Just feeling that I find someone to feel in love with again is payment enough regardless of wether it will work out or not  :smile:

Frontman

« Reply #338 on: January 01, 2010, 01:11:44 AM »
The eventual hope of a new girlfriend six months after my divorce. Really makes me happy regardless of how this will turn out. Just feeling that I find someone to feel in love with again is payment enough regardless of wether it will work out or not  :smile:

Hope is always a great emotion.  Hope can be frayed, it can be frail, but it almost never can be defeated.

Good for you.

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #339 on: January 02, 2010, 12:02:36 AM »
frail or battered hope is also the best flavour.
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2010, 11:26:51 AM »
It is my eldest daughter's first day at school today. Her Mum dropped her off and she said she was happy, settled straight in and didn't even look like she might cry! Yay!!

We'd better make sure she doesn't get lost in the deep snow on the way home, though!! :D

Just before school:

Offline carsjr

• Dark Apprentice
  • A legendary thinker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2010, 02:46:46 PM »
These guys do!  Every day!

Unladylike Karate Chops, and Ungentlemanly Haymakers!

johnC

The fox knows many tricks, the hedgehog one good one...

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: to all the children
We are blind to the world within us

Frontman

« Reply #343 on: January 10, 2010, 04:03:43 PM »
It is my eldest daughter's first day at school today. Her Mum dropped her off and she said she was happy, settled straight in and didn't even look like she might cry! Yay!!

We'd better make sure she doesn't get lost in the deep snow on the way home, though!! :D

Just before school:

She's adorable!!!

Kids make me smile.  Mine; other people's kids.  Well, as long as they're behaving.  Ill behaved kids aren't enjoyable; but you take my meaning.

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #344 on: January 10, 2010, 09:46:51 PM »
She's adorable!!!

She's a good girl :)  And she's enjoying school already!

Frontman

« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2010, 02:17:43 AM »
She's adorable!!!

She's a good girl :)  And she's enjoying school already!

The novelty wears off after a bit.  After the winter holiday; my son didn't want to go back.  "Aww, Dad; I like playing video games!!!"

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
After the winter holiday; my son didn't want to go back.  "Aww, Dad; I like playing video games!!!"
He's not wrong, don't you think?  :silly
We are blind to the world within us

Offline fog99uk

• There's a 4 foot hight restriction don't ya know?
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2010, 08:09:55 PM »
listening to cheesy movie music. I heard both Holding Out For A Hero and Higher & Higher on the radio today.

Bodhi

« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:47 AM »
Helped two kids to stop fighting, start talking and seperate with a hug. Makes me happy every time.

Frontman

« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »
Helped two kids to stop fighting, start talking and seperate with a hug. Makes me happy every time.

See, I can get like that.  I do however like to do the following:

My nephew has a mean streak, and tends to bully all of the cousins, including my boy.  A few times, I've caught him looking around then slugging one of the smaller kids.  When I do, I have warned him, "Hit him again and then I get to hit you."

So, next time after I think he wanted to see if I would?

The kid got smacked/cuffed along the back of the head (not a full out, knock him into next week hit, but enough to get his attention/flip his hair.)

When he looked absolutely stunned that I followed through, I leaned over; and with a very quiet tone said, "Just remember; every time you go to hit someone, you run the chance of getting hit by someone bigger."

He has never bullied the other kids when I'm around again.