Author Topic: Things that make you happy  (Read 418713 times)

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
Re: Things that make you happy
« Reply #1300 on: January 01, 2014, 02:18:45 AM »
Thanks guys.
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 02, 2014, 06:29:15 AM »
Check out my signature :D

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 08, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »
Got my kickstarter going! Woo hoo!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/cops-and-robbers-the-card-game
Changeless plug!
I previewed it at my local games club last night and they liked it!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:58:49 PM by beefcake »

Offline Curious Plankton

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 08, 2014, 08:57:58 PM »
Changeless the new shameless?  :wink:

Looks good mate.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 08, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
DAMN AUTOCORRECT!!, okay now it is a bit of a shameful plug as I stuffed it up.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: January 12, 2014, 06:51:58 AM »
Things that make me happy:  Both of my cats that were unwell over Christmas, one needing a serious operation, the other needing stitches and antibiotics, are now fully recovered.  Just in time for our third cat to get spayed on the 20th.

The lessons we've learned are:  Do not leave a cat alone with ribbons and if your cat who never learned to clean herself is constantly licking herself, there is a problem.

We aren't bad care givers, we just have insane cats.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 12, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »
 :lol:
Good news.. or is it good mews
 :oops:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 12, 2014, 08:19:14 AM »
:lol:
Good news.. or is it good mews
 :oops:
Nice.   :lol:

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1308 on: January 12, 2014, 09:23:09 AM »
We aren't bad care givers, we just have insane cats.
If there's one thing I've learned from the interwebz, all cats are insane cats. So you cope as best you can. All the best to you and your mad moggies! :D

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 15, 2014, 07:59:49 PM »
 :boing: :boing: had some great news today i start a new job friday night as the live in career to the wife and the best news of all its  PAYED. More hours less pay than im used to but no driving to and from work so its swings and rounabouts. Happy days 
                   For 2014

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1310 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:10 PM »
:boing: :boing: had some great news today i start a new job friday night as the live in career to the wife and the best news of all its  PAYED. More hours less pay than im used to but no driving to and from work so its swings and rounabouts. Happy days 

That is truly awesome.
A job you really can be proud of and know there was no better applicant.

Congrats friend.
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 15, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
Don't be late!  :lmao:

Good to hear, though.  Hope you are both doing well.  Here's to yours and hers good health from here on.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 19, 2014, 07:35:06 AM »
That's absolutely awesome news!

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 20, 2014, 08:32:06 PM »
just finished the first weekend shift back to work at 8.00 in the morning should have  finished at at 9.45 this morning are well is all money  :paranoid2: at this rate will be able to buy some new toys for my birthday  :boing: in april  :whaaa:
                   For 2014

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 27, 2014, 01:15:57 AM »
Small pleasures today, but still good.  Made good progress on Hasslefree's Hayden (boobie version).  Who is the next step in a little dio I've been working on.  I started the whole thing long ago, and I realise now, I could have entered it in the UDOD as I believe it would have fit the theme.  Oh well.  I hate it when life gets in the way, that and I got my xbox 360 to finally play old games and I got myself hooked on Morrowind again.  There was a few months of paint time gone.  I can't blame hunting season getting in the way this time.  Besides the week I was away in Nov. hunting, I only managed to get out once.  Now that we are mid winter here maybe I can swing more painting time.

Going to get back to painting.  Maybe I can get her finished today.  I'm very close anyway.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1315 on: January 27, 2014, 07:27:24 AM »
Life.

Life makes me happy.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 31, 2014, 06:16:19 PM »
its the first week of feb, and so .  week off     :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
a happy dauber

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 10, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »
 :boing: :boing: :woohoo: :applause: happy faces back on
                   For 2014

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 14, 2014, 05:55:29 AM »
One more work day for the week!  I also got some good painting time today. :boing:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:54 AM »
About 4 months ago I purchased about 2 cubic metres of bark from a seller near us. He turned up early, which was an absolute pain because my wife so going to lay a tarp down and open he back gate fully and also a massive pain because we were going to pay him then. He wanted us to then travel 20kms to pay him, which is a hassle with sorting kids out and it's not really a place we need to go to so it would be a trip all by itself. So a month ago I find this big wad of cash still awaiting payment. My wife does the good thing and phones them up to pay and they say they will send someone around. Still no one comes. We receive a bill for $120 + gst of $18 when the original quote was only $120 (sounds dodgy to me) he keeps pestering us that we have to pay the full amount... So after a bit of silence from him after us not backing down we finally pull out the "legal advice" message to him and he completely backs down and gives us a different bank account to pay into (sounds dodgy again) we win.
That makes me happy :D

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: February 27, 2014, 11:09:12 AM »
2 days off yay!  just tied the kit and lead pile by my desk, and going to do some painting and finishing soon.
and its sorta sunny as well
a happy dauber

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 10, 2014, 08:50:49 AM »
went to the Aldersly show yesterday, and my youngest brother was up on the weekend as well so spent a good deal of time playing card games, talking and having a laugh, im off all this week as well so will be ( once again ) doing painting and stuff, but in addition as the weathers supposed to be good I want to mow the lawn and get the push bike out.   lazy sunny days :woohoo:
a happy dauber

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 16, 2014, 01:53:50 AM »
Discerned things of issue with scooter.  Belt worn out, knew that already, roller weights in variator have flat spots, suspected so, but worse than expected.  Also may have to change the bearing in the clutch assembly, as well as one if not both pulley halves of variator.  NBD got my beater car insured today so at least I can get to work.  Besides, that is what you get for riding it four years straight and only doing oil and air filter changes isn't it?

Not going to totally rule out fuel pump or possible ECM glitch until these things have been fixed.  I know I said fuel pump not the problem but I cannot be entirely sure until I can test drive it again.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:57:19 AM by leadhead »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 18, 2014, 01:29:07 AM »
Today's edition isn't so much made me happy as made me laugh uproariously.  So my scooter is down, I ordered some more parts today.
NBD got my beater car insured Saturday, so at least I can get to work.
Nope.  Not any more.  Car was fine Sunday, to and from work no issues.  Went to work this morning, all good.  Got in the car to come home, started car, backed out of my parking space, put the car in drive, BOOM, CA-LUNK.  Wtf was that noise?  Hmmm, car still goes forward, oh well, figure it out when I get home.  Car drives fine, until you try and brake.  The car cuts a HARD left when moderately pressing the brake pedal.  Makes coming to a stop in a straight line a challenge, and makes a horridly loud noise when starting off again.  So, I made my 8km trip home rather carefully.  Due to the amount of pull when braking, I did not have to steer when entering my driveway, only needed to vary the brake pressure and then fight the car to straighten out.  Now for the laughing part.  I get out of the car and begin checking over the front end and find that I can take hold of the left side front tire at the top of it, and pull out, leaning the tire out at about 20-30 degrees off vertical.  First I thought it was a broken ball-joint, but no, the upper control arm (or A arm to some) has ripped free of it's mounts and is almost not attached to the car.  I found this wildly humorous, because I just completely replaced all the brakes, insured it for three months, and named the car Danger Mouse, because it is small, grey and felt dangerous to drive.  That was an hour ago now and I'm still giggling about the whole thing.  I wasn't expecting much from a car made in 1986, and not particularly looked after, but I was hoping for more :shrug: :lmao :lmao: :D :blink:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 18, 2014, 06:14:08 AM »
Six hours later.  Still funny.  What else am I supposed to do.