Author Topic: Things that make you happy  (Read 415055 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
Re: Things that make you happy
« Reply #1200 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »
Like!
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 23, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »
(...) penguin shaped birthday cake (...)
Good choice and a cute idea.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1202 on: July 23, 2013, 08:58:24 PM »
I have received news today that another one of my sculpts has been master cast and I have five copies being sent over :).

It's always nice to see my work in metal :).

...and the five perfectly cast masters that I was due to be sent have arrived in perfect order :) . I'll put a pic or two up later  :lalala:

Goblin?

Nudge: http://forum-of-doom.com/index.php?topic=16909.new#new
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 23, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »
grats on that Inso.  good to see your mojo working
a happy dauber

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 24, 2013, 02:30:20 AM »
Wow, that is fantastic.  Congrats and happy birthday!
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 24, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »
I got my cheque in the mail today, for compensation for work related injury.  Woot, it is destined for bill payments :hmmm

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 26, 2013, 08:26:26 AM »
Well my new bosses have arrived at work and they appear to be ok ! :lalala:
I even got my last wages  from the old boss even if they did go in late and were about 70 short........... :roll:
The new guys are a couple of Sri Lankan brothers by the names of Vino & Satha - they did point out it would be easier to pronounce than their full names which wouldn't fit on a standard name badge !
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 29, 2013, 07:47:15 AM »
Despite how hot it has been here, I've managed to get four minis finished over the last month.  Four.  Not too happy with that count, but my painting room gets so hot late in the day that I can hardly stay in there for ten minutes.  Hoping to get some pics up soon.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 01, 2013, 06:02:27 AM »
Smallish beans today.  In three, possibly four sessions of an hour or so, maybe longer, in the last couple days I've managed to start and finish two more minis.  My adventuring party is nearly complete, only mullet left to paint after I've done the bases of these last two.  Then off to one of the hundred or so other projects.

Offline sliksham

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 01, 2013, 06:57:29 AM »
My Reaper Bones box and extras arrived today! Now to sort through the bendy plastic goodness

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 01, 2013, 07:06:41 AM »
 :blub: haven't even received a notification yet. Oh well I have patience in abundance for it. Hope everything is accounted for  :D

Offline sliksham

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 01, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
A quick headcount shows I have some extra NOVA troopers, which is nice but they can just live in a box with the rest of them. Cthulhu and Nethyrmaul look awesome just through a dry fit build.
I'll need to boil a fair few of the figs to sort out bent sword or inadvertent limbo dancing, but I expected as much.

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 01, 2013, 05:52:12 PM »
-2 to the holiday
We are blind to the world within us

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 02, 2013, 08:19:46 AM »
Nice weareblind!

A quick headcount shows I have some extra NOVA troopers, which is nice but they can just live in a box with the rest of them. Cthulhu and Nethyrmaul look awesome just through a dry fit build.
I'll need to boil a fair few of the figs to sort out bent sword or inadvertent limbo dancing, but I expected as much.

I'm getting nethyrmaul as well. Looking forward to seeing it. I'll probably sell off a bunch of mine for a buck a piece to recoup some cost. Keep a bunch and let my son pick put a heap for painting himself and probably my daughter too even though she has just turned 2.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 02, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »
Just doing a quick red pathfiner dragon.  Not the easiest material to clean mould lines from but ok for the big monsters.  Primed with Halfords red which had no issues.

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1215 on: August 02, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »
I have interwebz again!!!  :boing: :yup: :boing:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »
Primed with Halfords red which had no issues.
This British one? http://www.robhalford.com/
 :notworthy:
We are blind to the world within us

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 05, 2013, 03:45:34 AM »
Lately, the things that have been note worthy have all been about painting.  I now only have to paint the torch flame, his hair and do the base and my version of Mullet will be done.  And with him the adventuring party will be complete, not that they will likely ever see game time as I just paint for fun.

Three hours later and he is done except for his base and the bases of the previous two party members.  Inspiration is a great thing when it strikes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:00:52 AM by leadhead »

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 05, 2013, 04:54:18 AM »
Shoot on Saturday went well, a guy in full plate mail does attract attention though.

Spent a nice day with my extended family today.

Editing my short film tomorrow.

Employment sorted through early February, more or less (a rarity for a freelancer).

Good times.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 20, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
Instructions I was given at work today by my boss:

"Remember, at 5 past 3, you stay unconscious for as long as it takes."

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 20, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »
Instructions I was given at work today by my boss:

"Remember, at 5 past 3, you stay unconscious for as long as it takes."

Interesting. In a previous job I was allowed to burn to death.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 20, 2013, 09:05:29 PM »
Were you doing a disaster recovery test?

Some years ago, I had weird day on-site at a customer. They were doing a DR test and had hired some outside company to script the disaster that was "happening". As the morning went and we all tried to get everything working at the DR site, they kept giving us updates on the hypothetical fire that had broken out in their head office.

At one point, it emerged that two of their IT team had not, as it had appeared to us, been at the DR site helping us set up the workstations. Instead, they were told "they just found your bodies in the comms room - you're dead" and were sent home immediately.

That was a bit weird.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 20, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
What a pity for those two that got to have a day off. They didn't get to hear any more updates! Very strange indeed, lucky... I guess.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 20, 2013, 09:43:28 PM »
Were you doing a disaster recovery test?

Similar. At the time I was working in the chemistry labs in a medical devices company. The lab manager was a grade A idiot. A secret fire drill was planned and, as I was a first aider and a health and safety rep, I was not only tipped off, but asked if I would become 'trapped' by the fire. All I had to do was wait in our lab until someone found me, then evacuate with my 'rescuer'. My manager just had to 'sweep' three small labs (each around average hotel room size, I'd say). Now, I'm six foot of long-haired goth in a lab coat, stood in a small lab. Apparently my manager reported that not only had he swept the labs, all of his staff (all four of us!) were accounted for. I hypothetically burned to death while the production manager was asking where I was (and being told I was safe and accounted for). In truth, he never so much as looked through the glass in the lab door.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 20, 2013, 10:32:45 PM »
What a pity for those two that got to have a day off. They didn't get to hear any more updates! Very strange indeed, lucky... I guess.
It was an odd day. They weren't the only ones it happened to, either. They racked up quite the body count by the end. The next time they did the DR test, they dropped the slightly creepy script.

I hypothetically burned to death while the production manager was asking where I was (and being told I was safe and accounted for). In truth, he never so much as looked through the glass in the lab door.
Heh. I suppose it proved the point.

I used to work for an ambulance company. When we did first aider training, I was usually the one who got to play the casualty for the assessment at the end of the course. We had all the make-up kit and everything. It was quite good fun coming up with the scenarios. A lot of pretending going on here, eh? :)

There was a time when I spent most of my Friday afternoons pretending to be horribly injured and unconscious.

That wasn't what was going on this time, btw. We were (successfully) trying to convince our new starter that I have narcolepsy.