Author Topic: Things that make you happy  (Read 418674 times)

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
Re: Things that make you happy
« Reply #1150 on: May 18, 2013, 04:27:43 AM »
Done the ghouls already, planning on the party.
http://forum-of-doom.com/index.php?topic=15949.msg253816#msg253816
Most of the photos have gone so ill put them back up now
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:33:26 AM by beefcake »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 18, 2013, 04:34:34 AM »
That's what I thought you meant.  What were you planning for a group?
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 18, 2013, 04:42:30 AM »
Very much the same as you. eolith miniatures, a ranger-shae, cleric-bude, fighter-sir godric and kagedar, Mage-kaylee, thief-Inge (even though she is a sorceress), I already have kagedar and a godless bude with a lantern.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 18, 2013, 04:56:47 AM »
Very much the same as you. eolith miniatures, a ranger-shae, cleric-bude, fighter-sir godric and kagedar, Mage-kaylee, thief-Inge (even though she is a sorceress), I already have kagedar and a godless bude with a lantern.
Crazy close to what I'm doing.  Can't wait to see what you do with yours.  My Kaylee is almost done.  Will post her soon I hope.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 18, 2013, 05:37:31 AM »
I only have a couple of the minis at this stage.

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: May 25, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »
Well i have gone from not sleeping for days on end to falling asleep anywere any time this came to a head on wednesday evening after brought the wife home from hosptial the next thing in know it is friday morning, had a nap in the afternoon  6 hours last night my body clock seems to have sorted it self out may be able to get some painting done without falling asleep half way though and having to start the whole thing again  :tantrum:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 27, 2013, 10:01:28 AM »
Try not to impale yourself on a paintbrush.  :wink:
I was just at a conference (about education) and got to see a 3d printer in action. It was by cool, and they have them for $1.5k I may have to talk to the boss to see if the school can get one. It could be doable as well as I take an introductory google sketchup class and it could be really fun for chn design on cow projects. (Plus I could print some of those Graf robots I've designed)  :D

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 27, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »
Printing their own 'stuff' would be fun for the kids as well as educational. They could see how something goes from design stage to prototype.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 29, 2013, 09:58:02 AM »
It definitely would be cool. Rather than just getting them to design them by drawing out their ideas, they could make them and have a physical copy. Which would be extra cool as my class already brings their own computers to school, its a logical step really. Still trying to justify it to myself. Looked online too and there are even cheaper ones out there, but they are the put together yourself kits. I want one!
They also did a demo of scanning a person into the computer using an Xbox kinect device and printed them out. I'm thinking, survivor beefcake. I guess that is kind of cheating though, but wouldn't it be cool to have a miniature of yourself?

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 31, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
Just put a pledge in for a 3d printer. The buccaneer, I may pull it though after I research it a bit more and find it isn't what I'm after. If it is though ill be asking my brother to design some minis for me. (He's a 3d animator)

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 08, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »
 :woohoo:  a weeks holiday... and its cosford airshow tomorrow, hopefuly the Vulcan will be there as well, itll be nice to hear feel the roar of those Olympus engines again ( just checked  looks like that's a yes).
and I don't know what else im up to but painting stuff will be involved. :boing:
a happy dauber

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 08, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »
 :lmao: i can't even get a job at tesco's just got the email  :woohoo:
                   For 2014

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 15, 2013, 10:11:07 PM »
:woohoo:  a weeks holiday... and its cosford airshow tomorrow, hopefuly the Vulcan will be there as well, itll be nice to hear feel the roar of those Olympus engines again ( just checked  looks like that's a yes).
and I don't know what else im up to but painting stuff will be involved. :boing:

The Vulcan actually flew over my girlfriend's house last weekend. Oddly low with the undercarriage down, before raising it and climbing with that sternum shaking roar.   :D
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 16, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »
oh you lucky lucky Gangrel you.   ( see the things that hack you off thread for why im just more that a tiny bit jealous)
a happy dauber

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 17, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »
Having watched trooping of the colour this weekend made me think how good it is to be british once again :lalala:
                   For 2014

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 17, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
I agree with you there. I'm not a royalist at all, but I do think we get a fair few things right (an others wrong, of course).
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Offline GearHead

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 18, 2013, 12:55:44 AM »
Just got through watching this: Hidden Horrors of the Moon Landings

At the end, I sat there contemplating for a moment, and I realized that one thing that would make me very happy would be to go up to each and every Moon-landing-hoax nut in the world and punch them right in the face.

I know we get a lot of folks with different opinions here, and I don't like to go out of my way to hurt peoples' feelings, so if you happen to believe that the moon landings were faked, I am truly sorry, but you're just going to have to punch yourself.
"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Offline Ishil

• Occasional painter
  • Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 23, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »

At the end, I sat there contemplating for a moment, and I realized that one thing that would make me very happy would be to go up to each and every Moon-landing-hoax nut in the world and punch them right in the face.

I know we get a lot of folks with different opinions here, and I don't like to go out of my way to hurt peoples' feelings, so if you happen to believe that the moon landings were faked, I am truly sorry, but you're just going to have to punch yourself.

I 'like' this post.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 23, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »

I 'like' this post.

Secondededed.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 01, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
The Glastonbury Festival.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 11, 2013, 04:05:39 AM »
Just got a payrise! Extra $5000 to my salary per year.

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #1171 on: July 11, 2013, 01:52:58 PM »
Nice one, beefcake :) Congrats!

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1172 on: July 11, 2013, 03:06:23 PM »
On the moon landings post... Yep, I think it's fair to say that Astronauts walked on the moon and the conspiracy theorists should wise up.

On the payrise... Good stuff :) ... I need the government to take a leaf out of your employer's book and give me a pay rise too (I've had a pay freeze for the last three years :( ).

On the 3D printer... That sounds well cool and i will look forward to hearing of your experiences with it when/if you get your sticky mitts on it :)

My good news... I do believe my hobby muse is visiting again... YAY! Go me :)!
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline tumblebomb

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 11, 2013, 03:20:45 PM »
Getting off work for a week which is long overdue. Going for a Long weekend to visit the GF's family and all her friends for the first time. In Nottingham no less. Its been a good few years since I was down that way. Then beginning new job -which is a step up in the company I work for. Wee pay rise too which is quite handy! 
When the stars were right, They could plunge from world to world through the sky; but when the stars were wrong, They could not live. But although They no longer lived, They would never really die.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 11, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
Nice one tumblebomb

Glad to hear your muse is back as well Inso