Author Topic: Things that make you happy  (Read 424229 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Things that make you happy
« Reply #1000 on: January 30, 2013, 11:03:09 PM »
I just wanted to say that I wasn't trying to gloat about my workspace, I hope nobody here thought I was.  When we moved into the house we are in now, my first priority was getting a work space established as I need it for my in/sanity.  I got lucky, as my other side wants space for her hobbies too so we tried to divide the room evenly.  This new alteration to my bench is partly because I was getting burried under my old setup and partly because she wants/needs more space.  The only way I could give her that, short of moving out into the cold crawl space was to go vertical, which opened up more space for her on what used to be my display shelves.  I've got about a quarter of the room now, maybe less, no deffinately less. :lol:

Before we were here I had staked out a corner in my appartment that was for my stuff, which was fine as I was single.  Thankfully she let me keep my corner in the appartment because it was a big appartment and she only lived there part time for the first year.

My current setup will not last forever I fear.  I can almost see the end of it actually. :(  She's talking kids, soon after the wedding.  Then I'll have no choice but to be relegated to the crawlspace, as our house is just too small for me to stake a claim elsewhere.  I don't even have a dining table large enough to work on one figure with anyone else at the table. :yup:  So I get to live it up for another year or two.

Penfold, having her home beats the pants off any alternative, even if you had to loose your potential work room to the care giver.  Given the choice if I was in your shoes, I'd take the live in care person in half a heart beat.  Hobbies can wait if they have to.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Curious Plankton

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 31, 2013, 07:54:20 PM »
I'm pretty interested in other peoples work spaces. We're having a few alterations done to our house at the moment and I get a permanently set up table at last  :D  We too will be dividing the room evenly. My OH needs space for her music and art so it works out well. The cupboard under the stairs is even becoming a vocal booth.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 31, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »
That's awesome, CP.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 01, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
Mate of mine used to have the little room under the stairs as his model room as it was the only one he could lock so the children couldn't get at his stuff  :lol:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1004 on: February 01, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »
Mate of mine used to have the little room under the stairs as his model room as it was the only one he could lock so the children couldn't get at his stuff  :lol:

Surely he should have just locked the children IN the room nder the stairs and kept the rest of the house?

Some people just don't think things through!
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1005 on: February 01, 2013, 11:56:55 PM »
But then he'd have wizards and half-giants and owls all coming over unexpectedly.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 02, 2013, 01:39:48 AM »
But then he'd have wizards and half-giants and owls all coming over unexpectedly.

They wouldn't be unwelcomed at my place so long as they brought food.

Offline Curious Plankton

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 02, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »
Speaking of food. Enchiladas for tea. Mmmmmm    :smile:

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 05, 2013, 05:40:05 PM »
After a long break things are moving with my thesis film, and I have a meeting with a very talented editor tomorrow morning about cutting it.  He's agreed to the project in principle after reading the script, so I fully expect to have a post-production plan by tomorrow night.

Hurray!

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 05, 2013, 08:14:47 PM »
We've been very busy where I work lately, and I think some of us have cracked.

We spent a good 10 minutes convincing one of our support team - who quite obviously doesn't watch the right films - that the solution to a server issue at one of our customers is to upgrade the power supply so it can generate the 1.2 gigawatts of power for the flux capacitor.

We had perfect timing. I was just coming back to the desk from seeing one of our account managers and I hadn't overheard the ongoing conversation. The chap in question was sceptical, so he asked me...

Him: "Have you heard what Steve's on about for the problem at Customer X, needing to increase the power to 1.2 gigawatts-"

Me: "What, for the flux capacitor? Yeah, that's a known issue..."

:D

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »
 :lmao:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 07, 2013, 10:14:10 AM »
My tunnel dweller arrived today :boing:
What makes me even happier though is that this year I have a digital classroom where all the kids work on their own computer at their desks. I gave them their first proper task for this year and it was just sooooooo awesome. I could interact and comment on their work from my laptop while they re doing their work at their desks. They could get instant feedback without me disturbing them.
If their sick they can still work from home and I can also check up on them if I get sick and stay in complete communication with them. I never want to go back to teaching with books again!!!!! :woohoo:
And they wee so focused too. But that always happens at the beginning of the year.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:14:50 AM by beefcake »

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1012 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »
...It's great living in the future, huh? (Well mostly.)

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 12, 2013, 02:16:16 AM »
Yep.
My class is usually a complete mess too but I haven't had the kids tidy the floor once and it's still great. No pencils/pens, loose paper or anything!

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 12, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »
to many Pancackes for tea   :whistle:
                   For 2014

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1015 on: February 12, 2013, 09:56:31 PM »
Port makes me happy.

Not a lot else...
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1016 on: February 16, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »
... apart from this:

Our new kitten (Charmmy) and a very happy daughter :D
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 16, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »
Aaw! Great kitten! I hope she's proving you wrong about female cats and personality.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Wings

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59:36 AM »
Cute kitten! I hope she becomes as much a part of your family, life and happiness as your last cat.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1019 on: February 17, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »
Cheers :)

Although she is just over half a Kilo (TINY!!!) she is very 'with-it'. She is much less developed than The Pog was at her age but she is certainly not being held back. She has made all the right moves when it comes to our two existing cats so at least one of them likes her. The only trouble is that she is RIDDLED with fleas and so far we have combed over 50 out of her fur. We will be getting in touch with the vets this week to see whether we can use a flea-treatment on her but she is so tiny, I am not sure if it will be possible. We'll book her in for her jabs in about two weeks and she'll get wormed and flea-treated then (if we can't do it now).

She is getting nice food, milk and lots of fuss and she is settling in nicely:

Offline No Head Ned

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: February 17, 2013, 12:48:41 PM »
Didn't Big Boris mention something about a "trap of unbearable cuteness" for Deathball recently?  Maybe you can help out with that. :D

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 17, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
Inso is it the pic or are charmmy's eye realy that blue and will she grow into those ears
                   For 2014

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 17, 2013, 09:40:03 PM »
Kittens always grow into their ears and paws. And their eyes often start blue then change. Our Mina just about fits her ears now.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 19, 2013, 04:28:35 AM »
Well after a long wait, far too long, my holiday bonus finally came through the other day.  Seriously, why should it take that long.  Oh well, I got a bonus, and the method I chose to recieve it in was tax free so I win.  So what I've done with it is order two Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" 16GB tablets.  One for me one for her so I don't have to share.  Now that I've waited two months for the bonus, I have to wait who knows how long for the tablets to arrive.  I just hope they get here before my road trip second week of March.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 19, 2013, 06:47:57 AM »
A good plan.
I bought my wife an iPad mini for Xmas besides the thanks I got I also get loads of time on the computer to play games and check up of forums etc