Author Topic: Twilight Website goes live  (Read 9238 times)

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
Twilight Website goes live
« on: March 23, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
It's alive!

Tom has been slaving away to get it up and running, but all systems are now go over at www.worldoftwilight.com:D

The site will be updated lots in the coming days, weeks and months (painted models, free rules, lots more background), but for the moment it is hopefully a good taster for what is to come...

Offline Orctrader

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • ~ Orctrader's Painted Miniatures ~
Re: Twilight Website goes live
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
Updated my two "pimping posts" with a link  :smile:

http://www.orctrader.co.uk  See some nice painted miniatures.

Offline mcfonz

• Dark Lord
  • Gulp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »

:metoo:

Also really like the drawing of the devanu on the homepage - any chance of another devanu in that pose?
Addicted drewling gibbering slave of the FOD and its mini makers, painters and fans . . . . .
http://mcfonz.blogspot.com

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:15:48 PM »

:metoo:

Also really like the drawing of the devanu on the homepage - any chance of another devanu in that pose?

As soon as I drew that one I was itching to sculpt it! Maybe that'll be the pose for one of the immature Devanu who accompany the fully grown Kopa and Sempa on their hunts...
Thanks for updating your pimping posts!  :smile:

Offline TSR

• Chosen Heretic
  • .....wrong side of another day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »
Updated link on Mendip Modellers  :thumbup:
I really like this jacket...
but the sleeves are much too long!

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:09:44 PM »
Just to let you know, we've now added a galleryof painted models to the website, which includes Ben's Devanu and a few other models painted by another friend of mine, Tony Lines. The gallery needs a bit of tweaking, but I wanted to give you guys a bit more to look at!

Right, I had best get to bed - early start tomorrow! Everything looks to have pretty much got there now, with the board loaded into the car and all the minis ready for the game... Looking forward to meeting lots of people tomorrow and enthusing about Twilight to them  :D

Geckilian

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »
Hey there, just got back from Salute and had a look at the website, that's a very nice design.

Turns out I was already registered here and have been for some time, heh. At any rate I look forward to being able to provide feedback and what not, so cheers for answering all those questions I bombarded you with at the demo table.

Cheers, and supremely looking forward to the mechanical walkers,
Chris

)(ENOLOGY

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:17:47 AM »
And so it begins :smile:

Offline poi

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »
Liking the look of the site, and the game, although I doubt I'll persuade anyone round here to try it unless I can wangle one of the starter sets as a pressie.

One small thing with the website. Why is it optimized for a 1280 pixel screen? Anything lower and I have to scroll left and right constantly. All well and good, but then I can't read the writing (getting old). The text doesn't reflow if I enlarge it, so I'm back to scrolling.

Scalifano

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 02:16:24 PM »
I was looking through the website again and I noticed there are some things that are in need of updating:

- Under the Culture Link, need to add Delgon link
- Under the Miniature Link need to add Delgon link
- Need to add a pic of the priest, soldier, and strider
- Under the Fubarnii link, should have a pic of Knight miniature to stay consistent with other links instead of a drawing
- When you click on the Fubarnii models in the miniatures link, the News dates change to old dates (03-07 & 03-14-09)
- Under the Devanu Link, should have a pic of the Sempa miniature to stay consistent with other links instead of a drawing
- When you click on the Devanu models in the miniatures link, the News dates change to old dates (03-07 & 03-14-09)
- The Devanu Sempa link doesnít work

Some things I would like to see on the main web page are:

- Pics of the game being played or action shots with the stones on the table, painted figs, and terrain.  Maybe post some pics from the  Salute 2009 demo, that would be cool.
- I would love to see a how to paint/suggested colors for your forces link
- I would love to see Brandlinís sepia map under the history Link
- I would love to see a terrain link.  Maybe you can post a link to the guys website who making the Fubarnii buildings and some pics of your building and balloon and your sketches of building ideas.

I definitely love the look of the site.  :thumbup:

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 01:07:16 PM »
@poi: Sorry for not replying earlier! Tom spent a lot of time initially trying to create a page that would scale to any resolution, but was having to sacrifice aesthetics/sanity to make it work. We eventually decided to fix the width and hope that most people would be able to view it... Sorry!

@scalifano: Thanks for the comments - I'll pester Tom to sort it out as soon as he gets back from his travels. The site is in need of a bit of an update. It does a good job as an intro, but doesn't have the depth I would like to see on there just yet! Your suggestions would be a good start, and I'll put up a few little articles when I get some time. I'm also hoping to improve on the photos of models on the website very soon - that is much overdue! Maybe I'll have to talk to Ben about doing a painting guide at some point...

Gethuch

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 07:36:03 PM »
Thanks for the comments - I'll pester Tom to sort it out as soon as he gets back from his travels. The site is in need of a bit of an update.

Make a list, dude. I'm actually looking forward to giving the site its first good-sized update since launch, but I'm back at my computer for 1 (one!) night before going North for a week.   :whaaa:

Scalifano

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 05:37:34 AM »
I think the first thing needing updating is "The Game" link.

I think it shoud be:

The Game
     - FAQ
     - Rules
     - Scenarios
     - Miniatures
     - Modeling:
          - Painting
          - Terrain
          - Other/Misc
     - Gallery

The world. history, and culture are important too, but I think more people would want to look at the game first.

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 05:22:08 PM »
Make a list, dude.

Certainly! After a week without much internet (my BT broadband failed and it took four long phonecalls to finally talk to somebody who suggested I do a full reboot of my hub - I've no idea why one of the earlier guys didn't do that! :?) I can finally get on with some bits, including making you a list!
Thanks again for the input Scalifano, should be a good starting point for neatening things up.

Gethuch

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 11:17:05 PM »

Mike has sent me a list of the most urgent bits to update on the site, and I'm getting on with it, honest! Sorry it's been a bit slow, but
1) I've been away for 5 weeks, and
2) I recently switched from Windows to Linux, so I'm having to tweak all the scripts I use to build the pages and graphics!

It's underway, though, and hopefully there'll be improvements to see soon.

Offline Jubal

• Master Engineer
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • Exilian Webforum
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »
If I may make a suggestion, I think it'd be better to re-work the miniatures section, so there's a more detailed bit for each race that has a comprehensive list of unit types, with a short section of info on each.

So the Fubarnii section might look like this;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
FUBARNII EMPIRE

-----ELITES-------
- Knight Captain (linked)
- Militia Captain (linked)
----TROOPS-------
- Knights (linked)
- Militia (linked)
----CIVILIANS-------
- Engineer (linked)
- Trader (linked)

Then an individual unit page;

FUBARNII KNIGHT CAPTAIN
(Current pictorial montage here)
Fubarnii Knight Captains are the toughest and most loyal servants of the Emperor, well trained and equipped to lead their knights and other Fubarnii troops to victory against Devanu and Delgon alike, or indeed any other who may threaten the Imperial Peace blahdeblahectect...

I know the above is quite like the was GW have their site and so is a tad boring, but it does work well as a system for people who want to know about both the game and the models quickly and easily.
Dwarf & Chaos Dwarf Warhammer Player, World of Twilight Fubarnii Player

Editor of A Call To Arms (Wargming E-Zine);
http://s1.zetaboards.com/A_Call_To_Arms
Admin of Exilian Forums;
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian

Gethuch

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 03:54:00 AM »
Sounds ok to me, and only a relatively minor change from the current structure. All the graphics need redoing anyway, now that we've got painted minis!

Mike, thoughts?