Author Topic: Addresses  (Read 11239 times)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
Addresses
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »
Recently we have had a number of orders returned by various countries postal systems because the addresses are wrong.   
We dont handwrite the labels, they are printed out on a Dymo labelwriter and all we do is copy and paste the addresses from the order forms.  So if you enter your address incorrectly the parcel comes back to us.

This is annoying because we get snotty emails from you guys wondering where your order is and then this is what we have to do:
1:If the email comes through late at night when we are checking the inbox before bed we send you an email telling you we will look in the morning.
2:  In the morning we then have to make a point of going through the online inboxes to check if the order has arrived and cross-referencing with the back-up inboxes.
3:  If the order is noted as arrived by credit card then we go through to point 4.   If the order is a Paypal one we have to check that it has been invoiced correctly, check the Paypal server to make sure the invoice has left them (sometimes they lost them) and whether it has been paid or not.  Once we have verified it has been paid we move onto 4
4:  Using the address details for country region (UK, EU, Non-EU) we have to manually go through the filed orders for the period since the order was placed to check it has left us.
5:  Once we know it has left we email you with the date and the postal method and ask you to confirm the address that it has gone to.

If the address is confirmed as correct then we wait a bit longer for it to arrive and all is usually fine.  However the problems arise if the order hasnt been addressed properly, hence the title of this posting.

Up until now we have re-sent the orders out with the amended address for no extra charge but from today this is going to change.  If you dont put the correct address on your order form and the order gets returned to us you will have to pay for the extra postage to send it out again.    If you decide you dont want to pay the extra postage then we are quite happy to refund back the cost of your figures minus shipping and any packaging/admin/paypal/credit card charges from the order processing.

I know this sounds petty but i re-sent out 11 parcels last week to a variety of destinations with a postal charge of just under £60.  I know this doesnt sound a lot but if you add into this the extra admin charges for Kate to go hunting for orders and the time emailing back and forward, it is a lot to us....and it is straight off our net profit which is what goes towards new figures and also Kates time isnt then spent sending out new orders that have arrived so they are delayed as well.

If you pay by Paypal make sure the delivery address is correct, quite a few Paypal orders get sent back because people have moved and forgotten to change their default address settings to the new address.

It takes a few seconds to check your details so please do it! ... i hate nagging!
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Ryan

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
Re: Addresses
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 04:58:08 PM »
just an idea but couldn't you make it so we have to type our addresses in twice (once to confirm it)
that would cut down on incorrect addresses

Offline AKULA

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »
...or we could just reread what we type in, before hitting the confirm button... :wink:

In all seriousness, it sounds like a good suggestion Ryan, as long as it doesn't cost HF time and money to alter their web processing to do it.

It does seem incredible, the number of people unable to check their own details when spending cash on something....personally i always find that "Matt in Yorkshire" seems to find its way to me eventually.... :whistle:

Offline mcfonz

• Dark Lord
  • Gulp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »
I hope I wasn't one that fell into that catogory?!!  :blub:

However the other thing is to put your money where you mouth is and go recorded delivery. I think I will in the future as my success rate with the post seems to be about as good as if I upon pidgeons getting it too me! I am surprised that british mail is still alowed to be called Royal . . . . . Charles would have clipped one of them around the ear by now, but I digress . . . . .

I fully support this motion and still feel indebted to you guys for what happened earlier in the year even if the address was correct.
Addicted drewling gibbering slave of the FOD and its mini makers, painters and fans . . . . .
http://mcfonz.blogspot.com

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »

nope, you were fine.  that was just either a thieving postie or an inept postal service

However the other thing is to put your money where you mouth is and go recorded delivery.

i have had recorded delivery returned as well with the wrong address on it!

I fully support this motion and still feel indebted to you guys for what happened earlier in the year even if the address was correct.

and so you should, we were wonderful .........
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline mcfonz

• Dark Lord
  • Gulp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:39:12 PM »

nope, you were fine.  that was just either a thieving postie or an inept postal service

However the other thing is to put your money where you mouth is and go recorded delivery.

i have had recorded delivery returned as well with the wrong address on it!

and so you should, we were wonderful .........

That's the problem - you were so unbelievebly wonderful that I became even more upset with them! It isn't fair - I want to be angry with them and they wont let me yet they fob you off too . . . . . grrrrhhhh!! I shall see you at Salute.  :lalala: Where I will spend some hard saved cash on your luvverly minis.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:37:21 PM by mcfonz »
Addicted drewling gibbering slave of the FOD and its mini makers, painters and fans . . . . .
http://mcfonz.blogspot.com

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:11:50 PM »
I had someone give me the wrong postal address on an ebay sale - I sent it to the address on the paypal invoice he then tried to insist I sent it again to the right address free of charge! At £8.00 P&P I told him he was having a laugh - it wasn't my fault he didn't  know which street he lived in ! :hmmm
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Lonewolf

• Global Moderator
  • Fallen One
  • Pint of the Red stuff please Guvnor!
    • View Profile
    • Lonewolf's Den
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
i completely agree with you Sally, if someone gives you the wrong address then the fault is theirs and they should pay to rectify it.

Blood for the Bloodgod!
Skulls for the Skullthrone!
and mine's a Jack N' Coke!

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:50 PM »
i completely agree with you Sally, if someone gives you the wrong address then the fault is theirs and they should pay to rectify it.

:metoo:

i think i gave someone my old post code once just after we had moved house  :oops: but i double check now.....  :lol:
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

james sequeira

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »
Good move on your part, you cant handle every little thing.

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 02:43:37 AM »
GBP 60 sure doesn't sound like small change to me, Sally. I think you're being perfectly reasonable.

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »
sounds totally reasonable

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 10:08:57 AM »
We are blind to the world within us

Offline DanG

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • LJ weblog
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
not a problem for me either...  But then I am always careful with this stuff, all the years I was renting a flat I had most of the post still going to my mum and dads and only bothered with bills and stuff relating to the actual place we lived in.

Now of course we have purchased a house and thus staying put for a while I have changed all the addresses (except Paypal which i forgot...  And thus it went...  to my mum and dads house.

I always knew that tactic would pay-off eventually. 
DanG™  :transform:

"If your Martial Arts prowess fails to resolve a situation play dead. When playing dead doesn't work, play zombie."

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Chosen Heretic
  • Errh ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »
GBP 60 sure doesn't sound like small change to me, Sally. I think you're being perfectly reasonable.
:metoo:

Offline Lonewolf

• Global Moderator
  • Fallen One
  • Pint of the Red stuff please Guvnor!
    • View Profile
    • Lonewolf's Den
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
...Now of course we have purchased a house and thus staying put for a while I have changed all the addresses (except Paypal which i forgot...  And thus it went...  to my mum and dads house.

I always knew that tactic would pay-off eventually. 

and not to mention the fact the wife doesnt notice all these packages turning up.... mmm yeah right accidently forgot :wink:

Blood for the Bloodgod!
Skulls for the Skullthrone!
and mine's a Jack N' Coke!

Custom_Hobby

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 04:05:44 PM »
Yep, you should never pay for something that isnt your fault!

Offline fog99uk

• There's a 4 foot hight restriction don't ya know?
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 11:54:56 PM »
It doesn't happen so much at my work, if the address is wrong the bank declines the payment straight away. When items do come back to us we always charge the person again for postage, after all we do have to pay to send it again.

This is a little off track but, we do often find problems sending overseas though. The worst is sending to Brazil, their posties steal everything.

Offline Orctrader

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • ~ Orctrader's Painted Miniatures ~
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 09:12:20 AM »
Up until now we have re-sent the orders out with the amended address for no extra charge but from today this is going to change.  If you dont put the correct address on your order form and the order gets returned to us you will have to pay for the extra postage to send it out again.    If you decide you dont want to pay the extra postage then we are quite happy to refund back the cost of your figures minus shipping and any packaging/admin/paypal/credit card charges from the order processing.

Sound business sense.  Surprised you have ever paid for your customers' mistakes.  Like them taking food out of your children's mouths while you watch.  (Think of it like that, you won't feel so bad.   :smile: Oh, and I've just been doing some "Lean Manufacturing" training which has got me all gung-ho.  Not that it takes much with me.  :wink:)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:27:43 AM by Orctrader »

http://www.orctrader.co.uk  See some nice painted miniatures.

Offline Lowtardog

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
...or we could just reread what we type in, before hitting the confirm button... :wink:

In all seriousness, it sounds like a good suggestion Ryan, as long as it doesn't cost HF time and money to alter their web processing to do it.

It does seem incredible, the number of people unable to check their own details when spending cash on something....personally i always find that "Matt in Yorkshire" seems to find its way to me eventually.... :whistle:
Next time Akky orders can you PM me and I will double check he get has writtne the right one  :whistle:

Offline by-tor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 06:11:26 AM »
What kind of doofus didn't know where they live ?
The early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese

Happiness is a fully charged pulse rifle

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 08:50:03 AM »
Some of us have odd foreign letters in our addresses (my street name has an ö for instance).
Paypal doesn't like this.
So I PMd Sally when I got my confirmation from Paypal. Not that it should be a problem the amount of stuff I've bought from HF over the years.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »
We used to with the old website copy the customers address into our label software from the Paypal or Sagepay confirmations however one of the benefits of the new website is the account feature which lets you put in your address as it needs to be rather than running the gauntlet of Paypals processing software.