Author Topic: Heresy Dragon Big Thread Of Doom  (Read 797216 times)

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st ever Heresy dragon. A big one. [UPDATED Halloween 2010] DONE!!!!
« Reply #625 on: November 01, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Scenic base? Scenic base? It's got a blooming huge rock.  :smile:

Yeah but it doesn't have a waterfall and pool does it ?  :angel: :whistle:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline fredox

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 01, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
I look forward to seeing it. Will the pool have a scantily clad lady swimming in it for the dragon to protect?

Can't remember what forum it was on but somebody compared the people waiting for the dragon to expectant fathers. Not had that honour myself but I guess that's what I'm feeling like and it's only been a couple days.

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pbase.com/nosferatu/
« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:12 AM »
Except this dragon has had a longer gestation period than an elephant!  :whistle:
Heron Island photos done! See blog...

Offline TheAuldGrump

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 02, 2010, 02:06:20 AM »
Oh ye cods and little fishies! That thing is a Brute!
I am going to be painting the beast up as a present for my girlfriend's mum - as Smaug in a diorama. Congratulations on a masterful Dragon.

The Auld Grump, now let us see if I can get it painted up by Christmas....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:53:21 AM by TheAuldGrump »

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 02, 2010, 08:24:13 AM »
Before Christmas? Yes, but of what year?
We are blind to the world within us

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #630 on: November 02, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »
I am going to be painting the beast up as a present for my girlfriend's mum - as Smaug in a diorama.

:) 'Tis very Smaugish, IMO.  I'mn tempted to go red and gold meself.  Then explain to people it isn't an Iron Man dragon.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #631 on: November 03, 2010, 12:13:48 PM »
 :boing: Gorgeous! Amazing! Adjectives!

I feel conflicted that I didn't jump on the deposit scheme when it was around (because I both had no money, and the dragon was taking quite a while to perfect) so I'm going to wait and see now, and hopefully be able to realistically save up for it at full price.

I still have the colossal D&D minis dragon boxed up downstairs that I was planning to sell off to buy this one. A dragon for a dragon, so to speak. Seems logical in my mind (or more justifiable to people who don't understand the allure of lead).
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 03, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »
I really wish I had either the extra money or the need for a huge dragon.  As soon as I have either I will be buying.  In 20+ years of miniatures hobby-ing I have never seen a dragon miniature that compares to this one.

Offline Sir Chiddlington-Smythe

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 03, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »
Its just amazing. Kudos. If I ever forked out for it my girlfriend would have me sleeping in the shed, but still - amazing. I feel like I've shared in an epic twitter struggle! :notworthy:

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 04, 2010, 02:18:00 AM »
 :metoo: especially with exchange rates, preorder would have been a couple of days pay. It would be worth every penny though without a doubt.

Offline yxalitis

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 10, 2010, 02:05:54 AM »
 :boing: :boing:
:boing: :boing:
Hey, look.

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/dragon.htm

Wow, awesome looking dragon, well worth the wait, and the money...

Just a clarification..i have paid 100 in 2 payments made a few months ago...do I have to add some more for shipping, and if so, how much?
Can you reply by PM, so I can see your response in amongst the 1,000,000 congratulatory posts?
Thanks

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
Re: Re: The 1st ever Heresy dragon. A big one. [UPDATED Halloween 2010] DONE!!!!
« Reply #636 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »
I've already supplied the answer - I will invoice people for shipping separately when known...

Offline yxalitis

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The 1st ever Heresy dragon. A big one. [UPDATED Halloween 2010] DONE!!!!
« Reply #637 on: November 11, 2010, 12:13:16 PM »
I've already supplied the answer - I will invoice people for shipping separately when known...
Cheers, that post was lost in amongst the noise...

Now, I just have to find a Dragon of Aarklash..!

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 12, 2010, 01:12:33 PM »
Andy, I was just wondering about the dragon's tongue.

In your opinion, how easy would it be to replace it with a smooth non-forked one?   ( Not asking you to do it, but as you know how the tongue is attached and how many pieces it's in, I just thought i'd ask. )
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 12, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Pretty easy. There's one included. :salute: The tongue just fits into the back of the mouth. You can put anything else suitable in there or make your own out of putty, even...

Offline SteveB

• Unbalanced
  • Fallen One
  • Busy, busy, busy...
    • View Profile
    • Eolith Miniatures
« Reply #640 on: November 12, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
You could make your Dragon much more commercially viable if one of the tongue options was a twin linked assault cannon with an Ultramarine logo on it.
Sly attended the Kung-fu convention disguised as a ship's wheel.

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 12, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »
Pretty easy. There's one included. :salute: The tongue just fits into the back of the mouth. You can put anything else suitable in there or make your own out of putty, even...

You sir, are a god... or at the very least a demi-god.     :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

You could make your Dragon much more commercially viable if one of the tongue options was a twin linked assault cannon with an Ultramarine logo on it.

It's only a matter of time before GW realise this and do it to theirs.   :blink: :silly
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:36:23 PM by Tasker »
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 12, 2010, 09:20:52 PM »
You can put anything else suitable in there

:paranoid2:

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #643 on: November 12, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »
Quote from: Big Boris
Pretty easy. There's one included.

Okily dokily then.

You sir, are a god... or at the very least a demi-god.     :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hey.  By tung wuth up deuh fuhsd.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 13, 2010, 11:08:27 AM »
@Vermis
LOL, took me a minute to read that properly and get the joke. Nice!

@Tasker
I learned a long time that if one is subject to accusations of (or a subject of preconception as to) Godhood, one should always reply in the affirmative. I learnt it from Ghostbusters. :yup:

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 13, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »
Just so everyone not on FB or Twitter knows, the Dragon has arrived safely at Fenris Games, who will be attempting to cast it. More news soon, including actual final price for those who haven't paid anything yet.

Waiting list currently stands at around 62 people fully paid up. Now just have to find the money to pay for all their dragons... :whistle:

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2010, 11:44:08 AM »
Expect the price of the Dragon to change from 100 to somewhere between 150 and 200 in a day or two's time...
and just to cover some stuff mentioned on Facebook -

1)if you placed a deposit two years ago or whenever then you will get a couple of months to pay the rest of the 100 you were guaranteed at that time. If you don't pay it within a reasonable time period (and I appreciate that it's unfair of me to suddenly demand remainder of money when people have been waiting two years in the first place), you'll end up paying the higher price. On account of me possibly only making 10 out of that 100. :shrug:
It's up in the air at the moment as to exactly how much the Dragon will cost to buy in, Ian is going to do the best he can to keep the cost down but it's a lot of very technical work that, it turns out, requires high-end rubbers etc and the original guesstimate from two years ago might be as much as 50% of the eventual price. It might not. I would put the price up right this moment but I don't want to overprice it if it turns out the raw cost is cheaper than the amount I would have to allow for.

2)I have no idea how feasible resin prices are and I'd hate to be accused of Forgeworld-style overpricing by moaning arseholes on Warseer or somewhere. Basically, I'm employing one highly trained man to cast ONLY my Dragon for se...veral months, and there'll always be some git who declares that his mate could do it for 20 a pop with no understanding of the basic issues involved in the casting. The moulds alone will cost 100's in rubber. The manhours will cost money, and never mind me spending all the time sculpting it.
Look at this, I'm getting preemptively angry at comments that haven't even been made yet. Unless they have. And if they have I bet it's on some GW site...

(enters eternal loop of angry bitching and second guessing)

3) There'll still be a deposit scheme for people to pay in installments - I don't see how anyone has 200 put away these days, so I'll be offering people the chance to buy it over several purchases. (Maybe I can put the individual components up at one point or something, have to see how it goes in terms of production castability.)

Hope this covers any questions?

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »
Oh, and those of you who really wish to pay the higher price regardless of deposits, you may of course do so, or as much extra as you think you care to donate...all gratefully received and absolutely no moral judgements will be made! ;)

Offline fredox

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 16, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »
I was just thinking how much can I wangle out of this months pay check to put towards a order of some other bits I've been looking at. Anyway, thanks for the news on the dragon and expect an order towards the end of the month.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 16, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
so can I just buy the head on it's own at some point Andy? I appreciate that this isn't looking that viable but I'd love to paint this for display...