Author Topic: Heresy Dragon Big Thread Of Doom  (Read 765302 times)

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: The first ever Heresy dragon. A big one. (Work In Progress)
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2009, 06:50:47 PM »
Nice one Andy. :thumbup:

Where's DRAGON? Why has he not posted on this thread? Has he exploded?

i was going to say the same thing  :lol:
I can't believe I turned up 24hrs late for such a mind boggling piece of news ! all that remains to be said is.......................
 :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead:
Mr Foster sir you are a GOD !  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:52:23 PM by DRAGON »
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline a_thousand_hats

• Outrageously Optimistic
  • Chosen Heretic
  • Planning world domination on a budget of 12 pence
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »
 :boing:

I'll be a buying - after a quick discussion with the other director in the finance department (the wife) - it's agreed the WIP is far too good not to get it.

It's going to be my long-term, 'paint this one as well as I can' display piece (along with odd excursions into games - I'll find a reason to play it on the tabletop somewhere).

I'll put my order in over the next day or so - I'll get a few other bits and pieces too, just going to check if my brother wants to buy anything while I'm putting the order in.

With regards how it develops I'd prefer it as a standalone Dragon with (when you get the chance) additional optional add-ons for a saddle/howdah (my vote would be a saddle).

I'm going to be getting HFs Ceril (now he's in the shop) so I'm looking at combining the two in a display case.

If you did do a saddle then an appropriately armoured HF Ceril would be quite a nice accompaniment  :whistle:

No prizes for guessing which book series I'm reading for the umpteenth time is.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:22:49 PM by a_thousand_hats »
Once more to the breach my friends...

Dolmot

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Right, sold. Just two minor questions:

1) Do you prefer having the deposit paid as a separate order? Are there any ill effects if one is combined with a regular order? It's a honest question so honest answers are accepted.
2) I assume you don't object if I pay twice even though I'm not sure whether it's one or two dragons I'm ultimately buying? It says "you can pay more" etc. after all.

(It's a good investment to pay now when pounds are cheap...)

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
More money the better. The reason to pay separately for now, for the dragon is 1) It's easier for me to keep everything organised 2) You wind up paying postage for the dragon deposit if you include it in a regular order (I had to get rid of the free shipping offer this month, after many years of having it I just couldn't subsidise it anymore, see shipping for info)

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
AAAARGGGGGG
Airsure: Not available to Italy or Russia! A priority express service , supposedly guarantees delivery to europe within 3 days, but again this is down to the international mail working properly, not Heresy! Minimum 7.00, maximum 14.00
We are blind to the world within us

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Chosen Heretic
  • Errh ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 10:28:55 PM »
Oooh, that's a BIG one ... :jawdrop:
... and  very well done.  :notworthy:

I haven't been after dragons yet, but ... you make me thinking ...
But before thinking about buying it, I should find a place where I could put such a  ... um ... miniature (is this the right word?  :whistle: )

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 11:32:13 PM »
hmm not bad...  :whaaa:

money sent

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47:22 AM »
You know what? Looking at this again, I think I'll be putting my dragon WIP back on it's shelf. There's no point in competing with this one :notworthy:
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2009, 12:08:18 PM »
It's a great dragon sculpt! I'm sure Vermis could pick a few biological faults if he felt so inclined, but I think there are probably far fewer than normal on a sculpt of a dragon! It is pretty much spot on how I think a dragon should look, and the effort involved in the scales gives a far better texture than could ever be achieved with texture stamps.

The figure certainly deserves to be another flagship piece for heresy, and I hope it gets the sales it deserves. I would love to buy it, but I can't justify buying another big model just because it looks great when I know full well that I would never paint it (like the (admittedy smaller) Netherlord 2, fellbeast, grav tank etc etc that I never had the focus to get finished).

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »
You know what? Looking at this again, I think I'll be putting my dragon WIP back on it's shelf. There's no point in competing with this one :notworthy:

Noooooooooooooooooo!!  :blub: :blub: I wants both! You've just seen how quickly I pay up when someone waves a dragon at me!
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »

Can't never have too many dragons!  :whistle:
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »

dont you bleeping well dare.

(unless you're going to make a grav bike instead)
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2009, 12:55:59 PM »

@Kev: You can't be ashamed of something just because someone else has got a bigger one, Kev. You know that yours is gorgeous, and I insist that you get it out and play with it until it's finished off. I'd love to see you do that.

@the rest of you: Why are you all sniggering? :paranoid:

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »

@the rest of you: Why are you all sniggering? :paranoid:

Sniggering? Why would that be? I'm maintaining a completely straight face....   :lol:
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2009, 01:42:32 PM »
I'm not sniggering...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
That's what I'm doing.  :lol: :yup:

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »
F***ING F***! :jawdrop:
Now I have a little more time to reply, and the shock has wore off, so I can say something more rational...

First: deposit paid. This is an absolutely must-have model.

Second: could you post some pics of the dragon with the Netherlord? That should give a better idea of how big this dragon is (as most of us already know the huge size of the Netherlord); and must be a hell of a clash of titans pic.

Third: about the heads, I'll suggest again that you sculpt five different heads, each one corresponding to one of the main races of chromatic (evil) dragons from D&D. D&D players (like myself, yup) would love to see a proper rendition of a "canonical" dragon other than the crappy plastic WotC minis; and the main difference between the races is the head, so with different ones everybody could choose his preferred dragon race. I don't mean you should release all heads with the dragon, but rather like you did with the blights or the cyclops: chose one head as the standard, but make available the other heads for buying them alone, or choosing them to be swapped with the standard head.

Well, HF is famous for its naked chicks... you know female anatomy well (much research, no doubt)... so maybe you could turn your dragon into a dragonne? And not, this is not just a joke; it would be challenging putting some feminine shapes in a dragon, but I have faith in you.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

weirdwolf

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »

:christalmighty:...You bloody try it matey... :tsk:

If you do, I'll sit crossed leg on your front lawn banging a drum whilst Dragon dances around in a circle shouting "DRAGON NOW", your back door will be guarded by Grek Lad dressed as a banana, should you try to escape that way he'll attack you with Welsh close harmonic singing... :erm:

So stop looking at Andy's & play with your own... :thumbup:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2009, 03:27:52 PM »

Noooooooooooooooooo!!  :blub: :blub: I wants both! You've just seen how quickly I pay up when someone waves a dragon at me!
:metoo:
We are blind to the world within us

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 04:28:16 PM »
@Andy: Tell me to get lost if you want, but I wondered how the pre-orders are going for the dragon?

Orc boy

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »
I want this so much. Kev's too.

Once I find out how much it is I'll know if I can spare the cash. Looking at what's done so far, I f***ing hope I can!

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2009, 05:35:07 PM »

If you do, I'll sit crossed leg on your front lawn banging a drum whilst Dragon dances around in a circle shouting "DRAGON NOW", your back door will be guarded by Grek Lad dressed as a banana, should you try to escape that way he'll attack you with Welsh close harmonic singing... :erm:

:metoo: I will be round in half an hour WW !  :lol:
Dont you dare shelve yours Kev - you really dont want to see an enraged DRAGON !  :tantrum:

Offline Avicenna

• Slave to Paint
  • Global Moderator
  • Fallen One
  • Dragon #39... The perils of rock 'n roll decadence
    • View Profile
    • The Jolly Bodgers
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 05:57:01 PM »
@Andy: Tell me to get lost if you want, but I wondered how the pre-orders are going for the dragon?

let paydays go past first ;) a number of us will be ordering then :D
-Peter
My new Blog: http://www.jollybodgers.com

"...you describe yourself as an amateur. Don't forget that word comes from the French, meaning "lover of".
In artistic endeavours the very best results come from those who love what they do, whether or not they get paid for it "
-Bewildered Badger '07

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »
I put mine in this morning as soon as I got in from work and pinched myself to make sure I hadn't dreamt this topic !  :lol:

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 07:09:58 PM »
I put mine in this morning as soon as I got in from work and pinched myself to make sure I hadn't dreamt this topic !  :lol:

I was a bit slow after I first got the newsletter on it, I'll admit... it took me ten minutes to find my wallet  :D
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »

:metoo: I will be round in half an hour WW !  :lol:
Dont you dare shelve yours Kev - you really dont want to see an enraged DRAGON !  :tantrum:

O.K :roll:

But just so you're certain to spend with Andy in the mean time, mine is still no-where near finished yet.

@ Andy: I'd like to finish off, but I've been playing with it so much that the outer layer has blistered and the head's fallen off :whistle:
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!